Job ID: 293659
SIGCO is the preeminent architectural glass and metal fabricator and distributor in New England. Since our inception in 1986, SIGCO has grown and changed over the decades, expanding into new product areas and territories, while maintaining a cutting edge manufacturing facility. But our commitment to service and craftsmanship remain unchanged.
SIGCO is seeking full-time, career-minded individuals to work in our glass facility in Westbrook, ME, and has an exciting new opportunity! SIGCO is adding a weekend shift to their glass production schedule to support the creative challenges that 2020 has brought us and to keep up with demand in the marketplace! This is a great opportunity for those who are not interested in overtime, and for those individuals that need a creative solution to support yourself and/or your family!
This is a WEEKEND ONLY 1st shift position that runs Friday through Sunday, 4 am - 4 pm. Starting pay is $18/hour. There is no overtime associated with this schedule.
The weekend shift is to begin in Spring of 2021. Training may start immediately, with a minimum of training 3 days/week between Monday & Friday prior to transitioning to the weekend shift.
Applicants MUST be available for training during the week (M-F) unless the applicant is a previous SIGCO employee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
On/off-loading of the product from, tables, rolling racks, delivery trucks, or wood crates for ten to twelve hours, daily.
The "team concept" instituted for plant facility production workers requires each worker to perform different functions on a rotating basis. Therefore, all shop functions required by supervisors are considered essential functions for the job.
Ability to safely & consistently lift up to 75 pounds alone, or 150lbs in a team lift. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check. Must have reliable transportation. Previous shop floor or factory/warehouse experience highly desirable but will train the right individual.
Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job.
Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements
To be considered for a general production laborer position, the following conditions must be met:
• Perform work as assigned by supervisor
• Read, understand and communicate clearly in English
• Ability to read and understand work orders, shipping documents, labels and general production documents
• Attach appropriate labels and tags to products and packages
• Ability to read and interpret basic mathematical measurements and effectively use a tape measure
• Notify lead person or supervisor of any mechanical or material issues
• Maintain a safe and clean work area
• All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production
• Dolly, lift assist device, pallet jack, glass cups, tape measure, pliers, glass cutter, and other various tools
What CRH Offers You