WIC Competent Professional Authority (CPA) Trainee
The vision: Through Native Self-Determination and Culturally Relevant Health Systems, we strive to be the healthiest people.
At the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) we administer a comprehensive healthcare system throughout 58 rural communities with a mission of Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health.
YKHC serves 58 federally-recognized Tribes and operates 41 Village Clinics. Our five larger communities are served by five Sub-Regional Clinics. All communities in our service area are served by the 55 bed regional hospital in Bethel.
For more information about our hospital or the region please visit
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - We Strive to be the Healthiest People (www.ykhc.org)
Works as a team member to serve WIC clients in the YK Delta. Initiates WIC certification for participants in the WIC office and offsite in village clinics. Provides health and nutrition assessment. Signs a contract to become a Competent Professional Authority (CPA) within 6 months of hire and completes CPA within 18 months. CPA status is gained through self study of modules on nutrition education topics such as infant feeding, healthy eating, and breastfeeding. Provides nutrition counseling to low risk participants under the guidance of a registered dietitian. Completes computer data entry, voucher printing, and other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent. Prefer AA degree in early childhood, nursing, or related field.
- One (1) or more years working with children in a patient care setting.
- One (1) more years working with computers and data entry.
- Infant CPR within 3 months of hire.
- Competent Professional Authority (CPA) certification within 24 months of hire.
- Computer, Hemocue machine, weighing scales, height board, breast pumps, telephone and xerox.
- Good computer skills, knowledge of community resources, knowledge of laws regarding child abuse, domestic violence, and sexual assault. High degree of interaction with clients.
- Bilingual English and Yup'ik speakers preferred.
- Generous PTO - beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
ID:13619Location:BethelDepartment:Women, Infants, Children (WIC)Employment Duration:80 Full timeTemporary Status:Not ApplicableHours per Week:40
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Under P.L. 93-638, preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants.
For more information, please contact the YKHC Recruitment Department at YKHCRecruitment@YKHC.org or phone (907) 545-6060 and ask to speak with a recruiter.
To view more positions available please visit YKHC Career Center (https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu01/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?org=YKHC&cws=41)
This job has expired.