The Slotting Coordinator ensures the integrity of all daily cycle counts and accompanying data entry in the Warehouse Management System and determine placement for all incoming and existing merchandise based on size and demand of product. Additionally, this position supports other departments/zones as needed to achieve the overall business objectives of the distribution and refurbishment centers. This position works under direct supervision; Associate will interact with his or her supervisor frequently during each work period. Nearly all but the most routine activities will require a supervisor's advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Coordinate the timely generation, cycle counting, data entry and disbursement of all daily reports and established inventory related queries.
* Run numerous queries to determine non-assigned or out of place SKU's throughout the D.C.
* Print and distribute inventory documentation reports for daily audits.
* Ensure that all damaged merchandise is accounted for in the on-hand inventory on a daily basis.
* Research large inventory variances; partner with several departments as needed to resolve discrepancies.
* Determine locations for new items based on the type of product and other established characteristics.
* Ensure all case pack items, and all multi-pick items have pictures to assist the Order Pulling Department.
* Partner with buyers and other clients in order to force out deleted and discontinued SKU's.
* Assist Inventory Control Supervisor in proper training and preparation of personnel for quarterly inventories.
* Coordinate with Traffic Department/Buyers to determine best method for transporting ship-pack quantities and distro pack.
* Review Purchase Orders in advance to determine best flow process through D.C.
* Communicate to management all issues that could result in process delays, safety issues, or otherwise cause a loss to the company or its associates.
* Consistent with the general nature of this role, work collaboratively with others throughout the Refurbishment and Distribution Centers to achieve or exceed department objectives.
* Follow all known safety procedures and utilize good operational, loss prevention and safety judgment at all times.
* Contributing to Team Success - Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
* Energy - Consistently maintaining high levels of activity; sustaining long working hours when necessary; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
* Quality Orientation - Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
* Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Must be at least 18 years of age and present state-required proof of age documents
* High school diploma or GED preferred
* Previous experience working in a warehouse or manufacturing environment preferred
* Must be able to lift and/or move boxes, totes and other objects weighing up to 50 pounds
* Must be able to bend, stoop, climb on ladders, and drag wooden pallets weighing up to 60 pounds on an infrequent, as needed basis
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
* Working understanding of basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
* Working knowledge of common business computer systems and applications - specifically, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel
* Ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English - bilingual English/Spanish communication skills preferred
* Possess the dexterity to utilize writing utensils (pen/pencil), calculators, small hand-held tools, manual razors and other mechanical/electrical equipment without assistance
* Ability to work under demanding time constraints and production goals
* Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
* Possess the learning capacity to receive and apply cross-functional training; willingness to assist other functions and work groups as needed so the department achieves or exceeds its overall business objectives
* Ability to comprehend and adhere to all GameStop policies and procedures including, but not limited to, those related to attendance and scheduling requirements, honesty and integrity, confidentiality, safety, and conflict of interest