GFL Environmental is looking for a talented CDL Driver to join our team in Childersburg, AL! The Roll-Off Driver will be responsible for safely, efficiently, and courteously providing waste removal services to customers across multiple lines of businesses. The CDL Driver will collect waste from customer sites and transport to post-collection facilities for proper disposal.
• Drives a roll-off truck along designated routes to mechanically collect, exchange, or deliver containers and take to the post-collection facilities
• Performs daily pre- and post-trip inspections; completes and submits the vehicle condition report at the end of the shift
• Courteously interacts with customers and/or the general public along the route to answer questions or respond to requests. Notifies supervisor of issues requiring management action
• Cleans loose trash off of truck and/or ground around truck and container that spills during the loading and unloading process to maintain a clean customer site and safety along roads and highways
• Maintains and submits a DOT logbook, daily route/productivity sheet, and vehicle condition report (post-trip inspection sheet) as required by law or company policy
• Maneuver truck into and out of minimum clearance spaces, using mirrors to back up
• Uses a key map and GPS to locate service addresses
• Follows safe operating practices, including lock out/ tag out procedures to ensure proper operation of the truck
• Monitors operations to detect loose debris, using mirrors or direct sight and/or listening for debris falling onto truck during dumping operation; visually scans customer site before and after dumping.
• Adherence to all DOT, OSHA, FMCSA, and EPA regulations and standards
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desired.
• Possess valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL), Class A or B
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Minimum one (1) years of commercial driving experience OR CDL school certificate
• Must be able to meet relevant criteria for safety sensitive functions according to Company standards
• Must be able to demonstrate the ability to safely drive the truck and operate the equipment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of the truck and its components and the basic maintenance Requirements: for safe operation
• Ability to control operations of equipment; maneuvering truck into and out of minimum clearance spaces, using mirrors to back distances of approximately 120 feet or more
• Ability to recognize unacceptable waste (such as gasoline or other flammable materials)
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend associated documents and maps
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
• Flexibility to accept and adapt to change as well as the commitment to seek continuous improvement
• Ability to exert muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects up to 50 pounds repetitively using proper lifting techniques
• Ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example: two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting or standing
• Ability to follow all company safety policies and procedures
• Ability to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear, climb, balance, and smell.
• Visual Requirements: include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus due to the constant maneuvering of vehicle in tight and high traffic areas.
• Ability to regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 100 pounds.
• Sitting may be required up to 75% of the time due to the primary function of driving.
• Ability to work in usually loud conditions.
• Frequently exposed to loud noise, humidity, rainy/stormy, extreme hot and cold weather conditions (depending on season), moving mechanical parts, vibration, toxic and caustic chemicals, fumes and airborne particles
• Work in outdoor environment up to 100% of the time.
• Works route away from branch location on a continuous basis throughout the day.
• Occasionally work in high precarious places.
• Work in motor vehicle traffic conditions constantly.
• Work environment is usually loud.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Posted about 7 hours ago
Posted about 7 hours ago
Posted about 7 hours ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!