FLORIDA DETROIT DIESEL ALLISON is a Stewart & Stevenson company. Our unique line-up of products and services means that you’ll get exposure to a broad range of industries including oil & gas, power generation, construction, transportation, marine, mining and agriculture. With more than 1300 employees in 64 locations in the U.S. and abroad, our small, customer-focused teams share a common commitment to the quality and value of service.
Responsible for processing warranty claims and ensuring claims are completed and filed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Receive customer warranty claim requests from service and/or parts departments.
- Document, process and file warranty claims.
- Monitor and review in-process claims to ensure claims are being addressed and resolved.
- Monitor warranty receivables and process warranty credit statements. Receive and code warranty credit memos received from vendors and submit to accounting.
- Interact with both internal and external customers and vendors to ensure warranty issues are addressed and follow-up until warranty claim is resolved.
- Coordinate with co-workers and vendors to provide materials and documentation necessary to process warranty claims.
- Coordinate purchase and registration of extended warranties on customer’s behalf.
- Process warranty claims in accordance with all warranty policies.
- Assist with vendor warranty claim audits.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and/or one to two years related experience:
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
Basic computer navigation and utilization skills required.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred.
Prior experience with OPUS software preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.