JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
The Warehouse specialist handles the day to day assigned warehouse functions. This position is responsible for timely and accurate distribution of inbound and outbound freight, special projects and communications with other departments as defined by the Warehouse Manager.
- Verify shipments for accuracy and document any discrepancies ensuring high quality customer service is delivered
- Ensure any issues with shipment overages or shortages are handled promptly and efficiently.
- Maintain a workspace / warehouse that is free of debris at all times and adheres to safety guidelines.
- Ability to drive or operate equipment as needed to ensure daily schedules are completed.
- Adherence to all federal, state and local rules and regulations.
- Ability to follow all forklift fleet and schedule preventative maintenance checks and processes.
- Other duties as requested
- The incumbent will not directly and/or indirectly supervise employees
Able to quickly advise management to efficiently resolve any issues or problems. Exhibits excellent work habits, ie, dependability by arriving to work and leaving work according to assigned schedules, performing assigned responsibilities in a manner that meets company expectations Self-motivated, able to work on a team and independently. Able to ensure a safe work environment by adhering to safety policies and processes. Detail oriented, able to complete work accurately and within established timelines. Able to operate basic hand and small electric tools. Maintain an excellent safety record. Assume other duties or tasks as presented by Department or Branch Manager. Able to perform the essential duties of this position without posing a "direct threat" to the health or safety of self or others Able to interact positively and effectively with co-workers, subordinates and supervisorsEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Minimum two years experience in warehouse operations.
- Knowledge of forklift / material handling equipment operations.
100%performed in a warehouse environment, with varying temperature conditions and moderate to loud noises such as forklifts, horns, trucks, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.ADDITIONAL:
- Meet all performance and behavior expectations outlined in the company performance appraisal form or communicated by management.
- Perform job responsibilities as directed achieving desired results within expected time frames and with a high degree of quality and professionalism.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive work relationships with all staff, potential and current customers and business partners.
- Demonstrate the behavioral and technical competencies necessary to effectively complete job responsibilities. Take personal initiative for technical and professional development.
- Follow the company HR Policy, the Code of Business Conduct and all subsidiary and department policies and procedures, including protecting confidential company information, attending work punctually and regularly, and following good safety practices in all activities.
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company's business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.
This job has expired.