Job ID: 307859
CRH's Americas Materials, a division of CRH, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, cement, asphalt, readymixed concrete and paving and construction services in North America. Our operations span North America with 24,100 employees at close to 1,300 locations in 44 US States and 6 Canadian provinces.
VP of Equipment - South Division: Reporting to the SVP of Performance, AMAT - South, the VP of Equipment will have complete oversight of the South Division Equipment line of business including responsibility for asset procurement/disposal, asset management, and asset maintenance with direct focus on cost of ownership within a yearly budget and total cost of ownership for the life of the fleet within the division. Safety and internal customer satisfaction is paramount and will be achieved through collaborating with operations and support of the shop teams. This position requires strong technical abilities, performance management skills, financial understanding, and industry knowledge. Classification: Salary position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include, But Not Limited To, The Following
- Assist in driving an effective employee driven safety culture.
- Ensure total cost of ownership exceeds industry standards in an effort to provide the organization a competitive advantage in market.
- Maintain a multi-year capital plan (target fleet), including scheduling of purchases to maximize utilization.
- Coordinate with local divisional teams to provide CAPEX justification and support.
- Identify correct fleet levels for identified and forecasted volumes.
- Complete component life cycle analysis.
- Develop a strategic disposal plan.
- Work with divisions to optimize operating conditions at sites to improve overall equipment performance (ex. - improve haul roads, stockpile management, etc.).
- Promote partnering with OEM dealers.
- Optimize Asset Base
- Manage leasing activities across the group.
- Determine lease vs. buy program that optimizes lifecycle costs.
- Develop fleet strategies to promote sharing of equipment across markets.
- Champion the development, improvement, implementation and use of shop and equipment excellence programs including: Compliance/Risk, CMMS, Tire Programs, Oil Analysis, Contamination Control, Telematics, 5S Program, Parts/Inventory Management, LOFAT, Winter Maintenance Plans, Fuel Management, Preventative Maintenance, Planning and Scheduling, and Outside Repairs.
- Drive Innovation through application of new technology.
- Work with divisional teams to ensure revenue and hourly rates are set properly and the equipment, shop, and delivery accounts break even.
- Develop and mentor Regional Equipment Managers
- Provide follow-up and ensure sustainability of all performance initiatives and financial impact.
- Hold follow-up meetings/calls as necessary with Equipment Managers.
- Drive ongoing improvement culture throughout the company.
- Be the champion for the Equipment, Shop Managers, and Mechanics.
- Communicate, deliver, and execute the CRH AMAT Equipment Category Strategies.
- Maintain and execute high utilization of CMMS and its modules.
- Associate's degree or equivalent plus seven or more years of experience, preferably in the construction materials business
- Seven or more years of proven supervisory/management experience. Direct P&L experience a plus
- Proven ability to develop relationships and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Strong business and strategic leadership abilities
- Solid financial, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Experience working with electronic equipment management systems preferred
- Ability to drive change and sell new concepts & approaches through persistence, self-motivation, energy, tenacity, follow-through, and commitment
- The willingness to work extended hours with possible night and/or weekend work, as well as overnights
- A valid driver's license and the willingness to travel throughout South Division extensively
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH's Americas Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Jun 23, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Tampa Job Segment:
Procurement, VP, Executive, Performance Management, Operations, Management, Human Resources
This job has expired.