Everlaw is seeking a Vice President of Sales Development that demonstrates our company values of attention to detail, setting your own bar, egoless communication and respect for customers! As a Vice President of Sales Development you will lead and scale a fast-growing, high-energy SDR team of 30+ who are instrumental in supporting our efforts to bring new law firms, corporate clients, and government entities onto the Everlaw platform.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated SDR leader who is able to think strategically, build a team, coach & inspire, design scalable processes, relentlessly measure, and effectively collaborate with cross-functional partners, including Marketing, Product, and Customer Success.
Whether it be a timely follow up on a request for information, a cold call, or an expo booth visit, the Sales team is often the first point of interactions for prospective Everlaw clients and the team strives to make those conversations memorable and impactful. Sales focuses on delivering excellence through every step of an organization's diligence of improving litigation and discovery workflows, employing genuine curiosity in discovery calls, conducting highly tailored demonstrations and presentations, and curating compelling proofs of value to ensure that our new customers can come on board with a clear path to achieving success. Everlaw's sales team isn't your typical one. Whether it's spearheading a climate-action themed cold calling event, weekly basketball at the local YMCA, or group crossword puzzles over lunch, reps and leadership alike embody a commitment to bringing their authentic selves to work.
If this sounds like a good fit, we'd love to hear from you!
This is a full-time exempt position based in our Oakland, California or New York City office with a hybrid work schedule: in office M/W/Th with the option to work from home Tu/Fr.
In your role, you'll...
We want you to feel like part of the team early on! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our product, policies, processes, and team structure and goals. And you'll spend meaningful time getting to know your direct reports and discover what excites and challenges them.
We're excited for you to learn, grow, and contribute right away! We trust that you'll bring experience and knowledge that will uplift and uplevel the team, but we don't expect you to know everything on Day 1.
- Gain a deeper understanding of Everlaw's software, customers, and existing SDR systems and resources through training and hands-on experience, providing you a foundation to better support the existing team.
- Observe current outreach and opportunity generation practices, immerse yourself in team metrics, and identify areas for improvement at scale.
- Collaborate with Account Executives, SDRs and Sales Directors to optimize lead volume and quality, delivering a healthy pipeline of qualified leads.
- Strategize with Sales Leadership on headcount planning and recruit additional high-performing leaders and individual contributors to the team.
- Deploy strategic thinking to drive higher lead conversion, break into key clients, and accelerate ramp time for new SDR hires.
- Support the mentorship and development of the SDR staff, preparing team members for career progression and expanded leadership opportunities.
- Liaise with Sales Operations and Enablement to generate data analyses and determine training curriculum priorities.
- Through continuous process improvement, contribute to the team growth and success of the broader Sales team.
- You have at least 8 years of experience managing a Sales Development team
- You have built and lead SDR organizations with over 30 individual contributors
- You have a proven record of sales success with enterprise B2B SaaS technologies to an array of different industries and use cases
- You are highly skilled in cold calling and outreach strategies
- You can rapidly hire and onboard new SDRs
- You have a robust Salesforce.com analysis and reporting skill set and have detailed knowledge of SaaS tech stack including sourcing, prospecting, and outreach technologies
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced environment that requires the ability to work independently and adaptively, anticipate and mitigate friction points, and take initiative to promptly resolve and learn from challenges.
- You are authorized to work in the United States; please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for this position.
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- Retirement plan with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus 11 federal holidays
- Membership to Modern Health to help employees prioritize mental health and wellness
- Quarterly "flex fund to flourish" bonus to spend on any health, wellness, or well-being expenses
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
Pursue Truth While Finding YoursAt Everlaw, we are deeply invested in pursuing the truth, for our clients and for our employees. We know that when you're empowered to pursue your passions, it is reflected in the work.
- Work in Uptown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants and walking distance to Lake Merritt
- Flexible work-from-home days on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Monthly home internet reimbursement
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Enjoy a wide variety of snacks and beverages in the office
- Bond over company-wide out-of-the-box events and fun activities with your team
- Time off for company-sponsored volunteer events and 4 paid hours per quarter to volunteer at a charitable organization of your choice
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- One of Wealthfront's 2021 Career Launching Companies , one of " Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces ", andranked #2 on the " 2022 Bay Area Best Places to Work " list by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal
- One of Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies for 2022 and proud contributor of free ediscovery resources to benefit the greater good through "Everlaw for Good"
That's why we're committed to the professional growth of all our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular career check-ins with managers. If you're looking for a place that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we'd love to hear from you!
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host hundreds of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests for pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity, including the California Equal Pay Act . Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.Everlaw requires all of its employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies. If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine, unless you have received a medical or religious exemption.
This job has expired.