Do you need an AMAZING benefits package - including medical, dental, life, paid time-off, 401(k), pet care discounts and continuing education programs?
VCA Mountain View Animal Hospital is a well-established, AAHA credited, general practice in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona. We strive to create a working schedule to support a good work/life balance. We are looking for a Veterinary Technician Lead who enjoys teaching others and investing in the people who care for pets!
The successful candidate will be a believer in the possibilities of high quality veterinary medicine and patient care-with the expertise and technical know-how to make them happen.
Duties will include:
- Serve as a mentor to the team by demonstrating positive work habits, effective clinical skills, and business knowledge.
- Working on the floor with the team to ensure they are being proactive and are also growing while tackling any potential issues immediately and under the discretion of the practice manager when deemed necessary
- Coach team members to be continuously aware and proactive at anticipating and addressing patient and client needs and to seek assistance with escalated, stressful situations and create a culture of strong performance and high productivity.
- Guide the practice team, and foster an environment of continuous learning, improvement, and excellence
- Provide one-on-one coaching to peers and provide constructive criticism as needed.
- Document performance-related issues assess team members during an annual review and provide hospital leadership with recommendations related to performance management and discipline while performing timely check-ins.
- Model professional behavior by wearing appropriate uniform, being on time for shifts, addressing gossip, and providing support to upper management.
- Attend monthly staff meetings and disseminate information to staff through all forms of communication (email, verbal, meeting, etc.)
- Lead and direct the surgical team in a productive and efficient work environment in a positive manner.
- Identify support staff that may be struggling and encourage open communication/make yourself available to talk.
- Problem-solving and providing solutions to issues that may arise while making decisions quickly to coordinate the team in an encouraging and efficient manner to address the needs of the doctors, support staff, clients, and patients.
- Contribute to monthly departmental meetings as deemed appropriate and necessary. Follow up with staff to ensure protocols are being followed and tasks are being completed.
- Handle issues arising out of inefficiencies such as missed charges or inappropriate staffing.
- Assist in the onboarding and training of any new clinical team members.
- Help develop new training protocols for onboarding of team members.
Qualifications & Technical Skills Required
Applicants will ideally have:
- 5 years of clinical experience working in a veterinary facility
- Requires strong leadership, communication, and motivational skills.
- Interpersonal relationship skills that instill confidence rather than confrontation
- Communication skills that allow other technical leads to be involved in key problem solving within the nursing team and Co-Lead Supervisors.
- Ability to train others in advanced veterinary skills
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds
- Weekend scheduling required
- Dependable attendance is required
You should be proficient in:
- Multi-tasking in a fast-paced working environment (staff and animals) while maintaining a high level of organization and communication.
- Educating team members about important safety precautions, troubleshooting, and overall functionality of the hospital.
- Performing leadership tasks in a stressful environment while maintaining the appropriate balance of respect and authority.
- Builds and maintains respectful, positive working relationships with the team, doctors, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Coordinating operational efforts with the Practice Manager, Medical Director, and other leadership team members.
- Maintaining appropriate confidentiality of sensitive information.
Enthusiasm, a positive attitude, a desire to teach others are the qualifications needed.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com