Location: 1000 NW 27th Ave, Miami, FL 33125
VCA Knowles Central Animal Hospital is seeking experienced Emergency and General Practice Veterinary Assistants to join the team at our well established AAHA-accredited hospital in Miami, FL!
We have opportunities available in Primary Care and Emergency & Critical Care, days and nights. If you are caring, compassionate, experienced with ICU, surgery, lab, exam rooms and patient care, we would love to speak with you.
Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, our full-service AAHA-accredited, VECCS-certified hospital offers everything from routine wellness visits to advanced surgery and emergency & critical care. We are proud to have been serving our community since 1923. We offer a great work environment, with plenty of support and growth opportunities.
Check out our website here: https://vcahospitals.com/knowles-central
We are passionate about supporting our technicians and assistants and are committed to your personal career development. We create and support an inclusive work environment where you can focus on your career, your happiness, and the patients you serve.
Some of the many benefits we provide:
- Access to the people and resources of a large veterinary community
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Medical, dental & vision insurance, with a variety of supplemental coverage options
- Employer-paid short term & long term disability insurance and life insurance
- Paid parental leave, paid vacation and sick time, holiday pay
- 401(k) retirement plan
- CE allowance for full time credentialed technicians, CE opportunities for all
- Tuition support and scholarships for veterinary technology AAS and BAS completion degrees and more
- Vet Tech license reimbursement
- Free access to mental health care and self-care resources
- Generous hospital discounts, product discounts and much more
- Opportunities to give back through VCA Charities and local shelter partnerships
What You'll Do
Whether you are a credentialed veterinary technician (CVT, RVT, LVT), experienced veterinary assistant or vet tech student, we want you to utilize your skills and knowledge. This includes:
- Patient assessment and triage
- Compassionate patient care
- Client education and communication
- Surgical assisting
- Laboratory sample collection & processing
- Hospitalized patient care
- Catheter placement
- Medical recordkeeping
Interested in this opportunity? We encourage you to apply and look forward to hearing from you!
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
This job has expired.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com