At Facebook Reality Labs, we are inventing the future. The right candidate will be an effective communicator, passionate about understanding people and curious about the evolving relationship between people and emerging technologies. Candidates will demonstrate their ability to be rigorous in qualitative research methods, including but not limited to concept-testing, usability, interviews, competitor analysis, diary studies, contextual inquiry/observations, and/or ethnography. While strong candidates will have experience shipping consumer software end-to-end (early user needs research to post-ship UX research), we are looking for researchers that have demonstrated capability in driving insights into actionable, measurable product UX goals. You will work with multi-disciplinary software teams to push the boundaries of what is possible in our AR/VR products such as Portal and Oculus. Ultimately, your expertise and ingenuity in research must do more than just contribute to knowledge - you must also be skilled at driving measurable positive impact on the product and user experience.
- Operationalize qualitative research insights into actionable, measurable UX goals across the development lifecycle
- Drive impact through a range of research approaches and tools, including internal and external literature review, qualitative methods (observation, contextual inquiry, interview) and usability
- Create close partnerships with a variety of research and product stakeholders to ensure a full understanding of the product team needs and priorities
- Engage with product researchers in Facebook Reality Labs and other Facebook teams to ensure strong sharing and collaboration practices across Facebook
- Effectively communicate research findings and recommendations to stakeholders and leadership
- MA/MS in Cognitive/Experimental/Social Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Human Factors, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of product research experience
- Experience working across the full product lifecycle, from early generative research - to ship - to in-market UX research
- Experience in designing research to answer questions about the user experience
- PhD in Cognitive/Experimental/Social Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Human Factors, or a related field
- 5+ years of product research experience
- Experience working on emerging technologies, home devices or wearable technology
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
This job has expired.