UX Designer I plays a supporting role, typically under the guidance of a more senior designer, on projects that are small to medium in scope. She/ he suggests new design patterns but primarily works within pre-existing frameworks. Responsibilities in this role may include:
Customer (or User) Focus
- Understands how UI design impacts the overall user experience.
- Is familiar with and can use customer frameworks (e.g. Jobs To Be Done, personas, journey maps).
- Keeps up to date on news/incidents and understands what is happening in the market and with competitors.
Creative Problem Solving
- Asks the right questions to explore the problem.
- Independently identifies different creative solutions.
- Considers the problem from a number of angles.
- Contributes to discussions about the future of the product or organization.
- Looks for opportunities to develop new ideas or thinking within own role.
- Iterate on defined user experience concepts and components for the product or project using tools such as wireframes, prototypes, and process flow diagrams.
- Works with UX Researcher to understand the user needs.
- Assist in the developing concepts for the customer-facing product/application.
- Work closely with visual designers and web developers to ensure the UX is implemented as designed.
- Implement basic UCD solutions/processes.
- Works with existing design patterns and style guides, occasionally introducing new patterns.
- Can clearly articulate design rationale and concepts
Data Driven Analysis & Testing
- Proactively uses data to establish key metrics for projects.
- Explores data from analytics packages, customer insight or other sources to understand context of research work.
- Regularly tests design work with users in partnership with UX Research team.
- Iterates research methods based on testing and data analysis.
Minimum of 2-4 years' experience with each of the following:
- Knowledge of the tech stack of the product or organization.
- Using relevant tools for communicating designs to developers.
- Using design software (Axure, Sketch, Invsion) to intermediate level.
- Proactively identifying needs for training in technical skills.
- Understanding the nuances of designing for different platforms.
- Personal Capability
- Practices Self-Development
- Is curious and keen to learn and develop new ideas, skills and knowledge
- Acts on feedback to improve him/herself
- Looks for developmental opportunities in day-to-day work
- Invests time and energy in self-development (professional qualifications, relevant reading, networking meetings, etc.)
Solves Problems and Analyzes Issues
- Is able to ask effective questions and collect facts from multiple sources in order to solve problems
- Is able to effectively identify and analyze problems and propose solutions
- Effectively manages day-to-day issues and problems without intervention
- "Brainstorms"with others to look for different approaches to current process and tasks
- Looks for opportunities to develop new ideas or thinking within own role
- Experiments with new ideas as part of role
- Communicates Powerfully and Prolifically
- Demonstrates effective conversational skills, including active listening and questioning
- Shares information relevant to own role
- Participates in team presentations
Collaboration and Teamwork
- Develops co-operative working relationships within the team
- Considers how own style affects others and tailors interactions accordingly
- Looks for ways to develop mutually beneficial relationships across teams
- Is approachable and friendly
- Asks for opinions of others
- Participates in formal and informal gatherings to meet new people and develop new relationships
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.