Job ID: 288241
Tilcon Connecticut Inc., a CRH company, has played a vital role in building infrastructure around our state, serving the market from 23 locations throughout Connecticut. As a leading supplier of quality crushed stone, hot mix asphalt, and ready mix concrete, Tilcon Connecticut has supported the construction of superior roads, buildings and bridges. The most respected name in the construction industry, from the quarry to the road, Tilcon Connecticut does it all!
Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Tilcon Connecticut Inc. and CRH is the company for you! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
Tilcon Connecticut has an opening in our Wallingford Quarry for an experienced 3rd shift utility person, 6 days/48 hours a week. As a utility person, the selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers. Our core values are safety, quality and integrity in everything we do. All Tilcon Connecticut employees are expected to partner with associates and management of Tilcon Connecticut Inc. to coordinate, support, and actively promote our safety process. The utility person will report directly to the quarry superintendent and will comply with mandatory safety requirements and other functions of the quarry team.
Operating Engineers union wages and benefits.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Safely and efficiently operate maintenance equipment and report any problems to your manager in a timely fashion.
- Perform maintenance and housekeeping on quarry equipment as needed, using ladders to access platforms, and landings.
- Heavy lifting required (up to 75 lbs.)
- Shovel sand, stone and wet materials daily.
- Will be working at considerable heights.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Follow direction of foreperson with regard to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
- Perform daily pre-and-post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Report to work at the designated start time and stay through end of shift.
- Be able to work overtime when required.
- Must be able to have a flexible schedule to coincide with business need.
- Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Trade / Mechanical education preferred.
- Maintenance / Mechanical experience preferred.
- Mechanical ability
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Good mechanical ability
- Welding and torch cutting is an asset but not required
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
- Pass a re-employment "Fit for Work" physical
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Tilcon Connecticut Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 27, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
New Haven Nearest Secondary Market:
Hartford Job Segment:
Architecture, Welding, Construction, Engineering, Manufacturing
This job has expired.