What you'll do at
What you'll do...
As the Staff Product Manager in the Sam's Club's Membership Product team, you will own and define the product vision, strategy, and goals to create delightful customer experiences for our membership products.
• Provide strategic input in defining the long-term vision, strategy, and roadmap for the one or more membership products.
• Conduct benchmark studies and competitive assessments to identify new product and business opportunities.
• Provide expertise on market trends to determine how to best meet our customer needs while balancing ease and convenience for our employees.
• Provide thought leadership on internal and external Product Management best practices and standards to drive decision making.
• Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders (User Experience, Engineering, Decision Sciences, Operations etc.) and secure buy-in from executive leadership to drive product enhancements to the finish line while managing tradeoffs and internal/external dependencies.
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
• Drives the execution of multiple product features by identifying key customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance; accordingly, developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
You'll Make an Impact By:
• Developing and enhancing products - you will manage product roadmaps, align business and technical needs, analyze member and product data, turn member insights into actionable initiatives, determine rollout strategy, and manage risks.
• Defining vision and strategies for your product family, using domain expertise, internal and external best practices, identifying market opportunities, building business cases, and approving objectives.
• Crafting and developing solutions to large business challenges - communicating business and member needs to key partners to implement products and timelines.
• Driving business plans and projects by identifying the member and operational needs of the product.
• Evaluating the effectiveness of your products and initiatives to improve efficiency and cost effectiveness with participating stakeholders.
You'll sweep us off our feet if:
• You are hyper focused on the member experience.
• You are a systems-oriented thinker who can easily align cross-functional teams.
• You work well within an agile team with minimal guidance or support.
• You have a strong build, measure, and iterate rapidly mentality.
• You're comfortable influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, and communicating clearly.
The experience that you will bring:
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
• 4+ years of experience in product management or related field
• Preferred Qualifications:
Master's degree in Business Administration, Computer Engineering or related field
Consulting experience with proven track record of delivering successful product solutions with measurable and significant business impact.
6+ years of experience in product management or related field
About Sam's Club Product Team
The Sam's Club Product Team is focused on creating an incredible omnichannel shopping experience, bringing members the best products at the best prices. Collectively, our associates' skills range from data analysis to computer engineering to marketing. We are a nimble group that comes from a vast background yet are guided by the same north star: to work quickly, cost effectively and with vast foresight. Together, we innovate and drive the future of retail by anticipating the needs of our members.
Success in a career on the Product Team requires the ability to identify problems and offer solutions - quickly, autonomously and with vast foresight. Bring your ability to see projects end to end and envision the full picture. Engage your analytical mind to decipher data and ignite your communication skills to work collaboratively and sell big ideas.
As the biggest player in the game, we trust our associates to innovate the future of shopping. If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, a Product Manager role at Sam's Club could be the fit you've been looking for.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, operating almost 600 clubs in the US. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.
At Sam's Club, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .
The annual salary range for this position is $144,000.00-$216,000.00
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 7 years' experience in product management. Option 2: 9 years' experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 6 years' experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products
850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
About Sam's Club
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, opening more than 600 clubs in the U.S. and 100 clubs internationally. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam's Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don't have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.
Posted 10 minutes ago
Posted 10 minutes ago
Fort Worth, Texas
Posted 8 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our