If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The UHealth Tower has an exciting opportunity for a Full-time Unit Secretary - Specialty (U) with the Emergency Department. The Unit Secretary - Specialty (U) provides support to an assigned unit by maintaining and updating patients' records and performing administrative activities in compliance with all regulations.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Consistently supports the philosophy of service excellence of the organization.
- Maintains a clean, safe and functional work area in the Nursing Station.
- Greets all customers when entering the unit, handles their inquiries, and directs them to the appropriate person and/or area.
- Consistently initiates a positive communication with the patients, family members, nurses and physicians in a courteous manner.
- Greets Visitors and callers, using a calm and friendly approach when communicating with others.
- Answers the telephone before the fourth ring. Takes messages, answers routine questions, and transfers call to appropriate areas and individuals.
- Maintains the patient's chart in appropriate order. Initiates and assembles admission chart within 15 minutes of patients' arrival to the unit.
- Comply with established measures for infection control, OSHA and AHCA regulations and risk management.
- Comply with the employee Code of Ethics and Standards of Behavior.
- Attend mandatory educational programs and annual in-services.
- Administrative duties related to the admission to discharge process: Enter Discharge Milestones, Enter Patient Transportation, Communicating Discharge Delays, Communicate Stat orders
- Assigns Cisco telephones - Sign In & Out
- Ensures Employee badge locators are up and running - Hillrom System
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
- BLS certification
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Proficiency in computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office)
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: