At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We're a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence.Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we've grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter-from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
- Must possess a strong work character and have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and passion for the job.
- Ability to multi-task and follow instructions.
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed to support complex operations.
- Critical thinking and ability to analyze data and situations is a must. This involves being detail oriented with strong emphasis on accuracy and organization.
- Ability to work in manufacturing environment which includes but not limited to: noise, changing temperatures (hot, wet, cold, humid), standing/walking/bending/stooping/climbing stairs, maneuvering around manufacturing equipment consistently throughout the shift.
- Working with chemicals, wearing personal protective equipment and following approved chemical handling procedures.
- Visual acuity to include the ability to see and differentiate color.
- Physical lifting up to 50-lbs frequently throughout the shift.
- Shift flexibility. This is a hands-on role for a 24/7 manufacturing facility. Our equipment operators are assigned to a team in support of operations. This can either be rotating shifts, days, swing or night shift and also includes working weekends. Work days and shifts may change to help cover vacations/absences, during plant downtime or related events such as audits.
- Work overtime as required.
- Operator will cross-train in the following jobs as required: milk receiving, pasteurization and batching/blend and product filling operations.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures (SOP's) in detail without deviation.
- Inspection of bulk tanker.
- Collect raw dairy sample and perform organoleptic sensory evaluation and physical testing, to include visual, odor, flavor, antibiotic, oil and fat. Promptly report any out of specifications or deviations to the department supervisor.
- Safely hook-up tanker truck to off-load dairy products, ensure tanker is properly vented.
- Pump raw dairy product into specified bulk tanks.
- Clean and CIP tanker.
- Perform routine SIP operations.
- Mix, blend and batch product blends per customer recipe's and specifications. Follow mix guidelines to ensure accuracy of ingredients, usage and tracking.
- Process product in accordance with state and federal guidelines to ensure pasteurization requirements are satisfied per PMO and Company product process/pasteurization requirements.
- Daily time and temperature chart review, report variances and corrective action plans in support of FSMA compliance.
- Perform Filler Operator duties and responsibilities as required, to include operation, set-up, product change-overs and adjustments.
- Review fill weights, packaging quality inspections and tests, document and report any variances.
- Identify and effectively communicate any out-of-specification product conditions. Follow the established notification protocol.
- Perform routine equipment adjustments.
- Safe operation of a lift truck.
- Accurately and neatly complete production records and documents.
- Perform equipment change-overs, clean-up operations and equipment set-up.
- Perform environmental controls.
- Perform product reclaim and rework operations in accordance with reclaim guidelines.
- Unload trucks as required, follow all inventory control guidelines.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Follow all established occupational health and safety procedures.
- Follow all established GMP's and Food Safety requirements.
- Cross-train with other departments.
- Perform good housekeeping within established housekeeping guidelines.
- Comply with federal, state and local dairy food regulations.
- Adhere to the Saputo Code of Ethics, actively apply the Saputo Company Values and Workplace Climate Policy.
- Work together with co-workers and other department personnel.
- Other duties as required by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of (2)-two years of demonstrated work experience in food manufacturing, dairy food manufacturing experience preferred.
- Advanced quality/food safety training and/or certifications is a plus, but not required.
- A working understanding of food manufacturing acronyms (SQF, QA/QC, CQP, HACCP, SOP,5S, GMP).
- Strong math skills.
- Strong Computer skills, Microsoft Office and ERP applications, SAP Preferred.
- Strong technical skills, ability to operate and understand equipment controls, touch panels and mechanical operations.
- Successful completion of drug screen and background check.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Saputo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Saputo is among the top three cheese producers in the USA and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. We have a diversified product portfolio with well-known retail brands, such as Friendship Dairies, Frigo Cheese, Montchevre, Stella and Treasure Cave, and a strong foodservice presence, partnering with chain restaurants and broadline distributors. Thanks to our countrywide footprint and national and international distribution networks, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and, consumers and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in the USA, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/usa-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy USA team to make your contributions matter every day!
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
To review the Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice for California applicants, please visit our Corporate website associated section by clicking here (English) or here (Spanish).
This job has expired.