Assist in ensuring safe, timely and professional operation of the transfer station on a day-to-day basis. Assist in the direction of incoming trucks and vehicles to appropriate unloading areas.
• Open and close facility according to scheduled hours of operation
• Oversee the schedule of where and which trucks are to dump and the switching out of trailers.
• May operate site equipment to ensure safe, timely and professional operation of the transfer station
• Keep public areas of the transfer station clean at all times. Follow schedule per Operation Manager for daily, weekly and monthly facility cleaning schedules.
• Ensure that customers (external and internal) use the transfer station according to all safety rules and regulations.
• Oversee the housekeeping and maintenance of the facility.
• Meet loading schedules to assure driver loads are ready to meet production.
• Safely direct incoming trucks and vehicles to appropriate unloading areas.
• Follow all safety and equipment checks and precautions in the performance of all duties.
• Site all mechanical problems that arise during pre-trip inspection or during routine functions to the attention of the shop foreman immediately.
• Accurately complete daily reports, pre-trip and post-trip inspection reports and other documentation requested by management.
• Keep all assigned units clean to include washing units at least once per week. The interior of the cab, windows and mirrors should be cleaned daily.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• SWANA Transfer Worker Certification desired within six months of hire
GFL Environmental, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable employees to perform their jobs.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!