Job ID: 427659
Leviat, a CRH company, is a global leader in insulating, lifting, anchoring, and connecting technology for the construction industry. Leviat's engineered products and innovative construction solutions are used in a variety of market segments from residential to infrastructure, enabling users to build better, stronger, safer, and faster. The company employs nearly 3,000 people at 60 locations globally. Leviat's suite of trusted product brands include Meadow Burke, Halfen, and Thermomass.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for overall die maintenance and repair of die equipment, tools, and machinery as assigned by the head of the Tool & Die department.
- Obtain Daily pass down from various departments
- Inspect various departments and make corrections to dies
- Assist operators with die issues as they come up
- Have all backup tooling ready for dies currently running in press
- Sharpen tool, shim and wrap with blue tape, label with sharpie, and put on press tooling "back up table"
- Ability to read a caliper, micrometer, and indicator
- Make shims out of various thickness shim stock
- Maintain good shim quality
- Check tool harness on Rockwell/Hardness Tester
- Heat treat die blocks
- Wrap, load, & remove extremely hot die block from the oven
- Place green - tagged dies on the horses back on the rack, look at the press schedule and bring next red-tagged die back to tool and die for maintenance
- Maintenance of red-tagged dies, and complete any "Die Maintenance" required to have die ready for production
- Record a red tagged information on shared drive
- Fabricate any tool or accessory needed for any die or task
- Weld up die components as needed
- Maintain both surface grinders by filling up with coolant and discard soiled waste in bucket and make sure both magnetic tables are clean and free of debris
- Conduct 5S tool and die department/EDM room
- Work with head of Tool & Die and submit a weekly tool and die 5S project
- Email leads and supervisors with the following information:
- Any tooling changes out on the production floor
- Any die issues on the production floor that affected quality or performance
- Any tool and Die equipment issues
- Any work order submitted
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.Requirements/Education/Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- College degree or technical school diploma, preferred
- OSHA certifications a plus, but not required
- Tool & Die and EDM experience, required
- Previous experience with surface grinders, milling machines, lathes, heat treat oven, and welding is a plus
What CRH Offers You
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Intermittent bending, crouching, pushing, pulling, stooping and reaching
- Standing for extended period-of-time
- Able to work under extreme conditions such as hot or cold temperatures, noise, dust and dirt
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Leviat, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Jul 8, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
San Antonio Job Segment:
Maintenance, Construction, Welding, Technician, Manufacturing, Engineering, Technology
This job has expired.