Third Party Recovery Specislist I
The vision: Through Native Self-Determination and Culturally Relevant Health Systems, we strive to be the healthiest people.
At the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) we administer a comprehensive healthcare system throughout 58 rural communities with a mission of Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health.
YKHC serves 58 federally-recognized Tribes and operates 41 Village Clinics. Our five larger communities are served by five Sub-Regional Clinics. All communities in our service area are served by the 55 bed regional hospital in Bethel.
For more information about our hospital or the region please visit
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - We Strive to be the Healthiest People (www.ykhc.org)
Responsible for accurate and timely submission and recovery of healthcare claims. As the entry level Recovery Specialist, this individual will assist senior specialists with workload and work assigned tasks from Lead. Responsible for all routine actions required in resolving account balances. Incumbent must have the ability to adjust to an uneven flow of incoming workload. Ability to coordinate reimbursement resolution with all payer types. Must be able to demonstrate excellent time management skills and be able to set timelines and goals to ensure that all assigned duties are accomplished within established time frames.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Degree requirement can be waived on a year for year basis for a combination of education and experience
- One (1) year experience in health care reimbursement
- One (1) year customer service experience
- HFMA CRCR Preferred
- Experience using office machinery including printers, photocopiers, fax machines, and multi-line phone systems
- IHS Tribal Billing knowledge preferred
- Experience with Cerner Millennium Revenue Cycle preferred
- College level course in Medical Terminology preferred
- Versed in Microsoft Office Suite
- Typing speed of 50 wpm
- 10-key calculator skills, by touch
- Ability to speak Yupik preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of the billing submission types 1500, 1450 (UB04), 837I, 837P, 837D
- Generous PTO - beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
ID:13809Location:BethelDepartment:Revenue ManagementEmployment Duration:80 Full timeTemporary Status:Not ApplicableHours per Week:40
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Under P.L. 93-638, preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants.
For more information, please contact the YKHC Recruitment Department at YKHCRecruitment@YKHC.org or phone (907) 543-6060 and ask to speak with a recruiter.
To view more positions available please visit YKHC Career Center (https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu01/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?org=YKHC&cws=41)