Technology Licensing Associate
We are seeking a Technology Licensing Associate. Interested candidates are encouraged to visit www.ventures.jhu.edu for more information on JHTV's mission and successes.
Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures (JHTV) supports the commercialization of university technology through (a) technology licensing, (b) the development of corporate research collaborations and (c) venture creation. JHTV serves as a business advisor to investigators at all nine schools of the university whose research has commercial potential and provides a set of specific resources to aid them in applying world-class science to the market in industries ranging from biotech to industrial manufacturing and energy. We also run specialized programs for student entrepreneurs and social impact ventures, aiming to activate the talent across campus and the Baltimore community and turn ideas into action.
Reporting to a Director or Associate Director of Licensing or a Senior Licensing Associate, this is a business development position that manages a docket of technologies. Responsibilities include building faculty relationships, performing technology assessments, marketing, sales and licensing.
This position requires US Ctizenship or LPR. This position does not offer sponsorship.
This position requires an Advanced Degree in Science, Business, or Law.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibility:
- Establishes and maintain positive relationships with faculty.
- Builds industry relations with companies with the intention of creating collaborations and JHU technology licenses.
- Reviews invention disclosures to identify commercial product scenarios and their unique features and benefits.
- Evaluates the market potential of inventions, including market size and dynamics, the market need addressed by the invention, its competitive position and barriers to entering the marketplace.
- Determines an invention's current stage of development and its future development path.
- Recommends a technology transfer path for new inventions (e.g., patent, waive rights, assign rights to inventors).
- Collaborates with IP Management Group, Inventor and IP counsel to develop IP protection strategy.
- Engages with companies to determine their needs. Communicate identified needs to faculty to help them understand where their research fits with these identified needs.
- Performs targeted marketing/sales to companies; qualifies potential licensing opportunities.
- Drafts and negotiates license and other related contracts, such as option agreements, stock purchase agreements and collaboration agreements.
- Works under the direct supervision of either a Director or Associate Director of Licensing or a Senior Licensing Associate in evaluation, marketing and agreement negotiation activities.
- Makes recommendations but not the final decision concerning investments and licensing terms.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Does not direct the activities of staff or a function.
- May not commit JHU to agreement terms without supervisor approval.
* Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- An Advanced Degree in Science, Business, or Law is required.
- PhD, or combination of degree in science with an MBA or JD, strongly preferred.
- Candidate will have a working knowledge of the technology licensing process, marketing, patent management and the negotiation of license agreements that is typically gained through a minimum of 1 year of related licensing or technology transfer experience.
- Additional experience beyond one year, and CLP Designation is strongly preferred.
- US Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident due to federal export controls.
- Must have the ability to understand complex technologies.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Must be sensitive to faculty needs and work in accordance with university wide policies.
- Must demonstrate outstanding work ethic and desire and ability to work in fast-paced high-expectation environment.
Classified Title: Technology Transfer Associate
Working Title: Technology Licensing Associate
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F, 8:30am-5pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: School of Medicine Campus
Department name: Tech Transfer
Personnel area: Academic and Business Centers
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at email@example.com
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Technology-Licensing-Associate-MD-21205/891148800/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency