Summary of Role:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is looking for skilled Technicians to work in the facilities organization. Tasks will include but are not limited to the continuous operation and maintenance of the following systems: Air Handlers, Exhaust Systems, Environmental, JCW Cooling Systems, DI / UPW Water Systems, Pumps / Fans / Motors and other equipment and systems that support manufacturing. This technician will be responsible for proper system operation, preventive and corrective maintenance tasks and schedules, and responding to and troubleshooting system alarms and controls. Primary work activities will be related to system and equipment maintenance, with some tasks related to control system programming and alarm response. Technicians must be able to work in a team environment with a focus on customer satisfaction. Strong communication skills and schedule flexibility are important as weekend coverage will be required.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Position is for Nights / Days Shift AWS, overtime may be required at times and emergency call-ins are a possibility.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance activities, visual inspection tours, and documenting performance metrics for various systems supporting a state of the art 300mm Semiconductor Facility.
- React to error messages on building and site systems and/or equipment, recover from process and tool interruptions.
- Review Statistical Process Control charts for process quality and react to Out of Spec conditions including defect troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- The ability to operate and provide Reliability Centered Maintenance to a wide variety of mechanical and environmental systems and equipment.
- The ability to recognize and respond to system and equipment malfunctions on a solo basis.
- Utilize computers to document and communicate system status for all site operation systems, including shift logs to collaborate across all shifts.
- Familiarity with and utilization of LEAN tools to ensure continuous improvement, utilization and costs.
- Interact with customers such as Engineering, Maintenance, and Manufacturing.
- Work in noisy areas and the ability to handle chemicals / chemical handling equipment safely is required. Working outside in all seasons 50% of the time.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required. Strong team member, able to work well with a global team, new team members as needed based on assignment, while able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in an effective manner.
- Able to operate computer and system interface programs to ensure appropriate computing and analysis of statistical data:
- Able to follow detailed instructions and procedures, read facilities building and sub-system prints to complete tasks and required documentation.
- Effectively demonstrate solid work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner, supporting all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- Education: Technical/Associates Degree in Science, Engineering, Semi-Conductor Manufacturing or a related discipline or Military Equivalent.
- Experience: 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift (preventive maintenance) and/or process issues ability to perform maintenance activities, and work in the standing position for majority of a 8 hour shift (excluding breaks).
- Semiconductor, HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical, and I&C / PLC experience.
- Srong technical skills and knowledge of semiconductor processing, process equipment, and a cleanroom manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency with software applications: Microsoft Office, Google Suite.
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control methodologies & systems.
- Familiarity with Lean processes & activities and Kaizen teams.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
This job has expired.