Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex. With over 120 years of service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation and a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric, where the actual is limited and the possible is immense.
Req. ID: 20779
PURPOSE: To perform quality checks and other quality related tasks for the consumable division.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Provides technical support to engineers and scientists in areas such as production, operations, maintenance, safety, testing, process improvement or product development.
- Uses schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions or defined plans to perform testing and troubleshooting on electronic or mechanical components, equipment or systems.
- Gathers, maintains, formats, compiles and manipulates technical data using established formulae and procedures and performs detailed mathematical calculations.
- Must have an uncompromising attitude towards quality
- Must thoroughly understand enforce and follow the Lincoln Electric Quality Management System as it applies to all daily activities
- Encouraged to initiate changes for continuous product and process improvement
- Maintain manufacturing quality performance metrics and/or quality records
- Assist with the evaluation, proper identification, and disposition of all non-conforming items and materials
- Be aware of all product, document, and process changes in your area of responsibility which affect quality
- Utilize the Quality Management System and appropriate divisional personnel to support or drive Continuous Improvement
- Assist in the training and performance feedback of production personnel to production supervision
- Develop and performs random process and product audits
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the Company's 2025 Strategy.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
- Vocational Training and 3 + years experience required; or GED with 5 + years in related field. (but does not require a university degree).
- Has full proficiency in a range of technical processes or procedures (or deep skills in a single area) through job-related training and considerable work experience
- Completes a variety of atypical assignments
- Works within defined technical processes and procedures or methodologies and may help determine the appropriate approach for new assignments
- Works with a limited degree of supervision, with oversight focused only on complex new assignments
- Acts as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience
- Completion of Lincoln Electric 6 Sigma Gray Belt online training or direct equivalent is highly desirable
- Additional technical training in the Quality Assurance field or Root Cause Analysis is highly desirable
- Ability to work rotating shifts
- Demonstrated computer skills in MS Office and Windows operating system
- Knowledge and understanding of divisional products & related processes
- Basic knowledge of Lean principles, 5S, quality assurance tools, procedures, measurement techniques
- Ability to develop and maintain records and to follow projects through to conclusion
- Excellent oral, written communication and people skills
- Excellent organizational skills to handle a constantly changing set of priorities with minimal supervision
- Capable of frequent standing, walking, and lifting up to 60 lbs
Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers.
As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world's challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department. Employment Status:
Hourly Full-Time Function:
Quality Assurance/Control Section:
Lincoln Cleveland (US10) EOE, including disability/veteransNearest Major Market:
Cleveland Nearest Secondary Market:
Akron Job Segment:
Maintenance, Quality Assurance, Welding, Technician, Technical Support, Manufacturing, Technology
This job has expired.