Position/Job Title: Technical Writer - 3291
Location: Northern VA (Crystal City, Quantico, VA)
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is looking for a Technical Writer. We are looking for a candidate that is passionate about their work, has great attention to detail and is excited about working with a team. The team will be responsible for conducting a capabilities-based analysis for the marine corps logistics information systems. The technical writer will work to produce professional and precise documentation that will be submitted as contract critical deliverables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Not listed in order of importance and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
Job Requirements Qualifications
- Responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents such as but not limited to software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation.
- Write and edit technical documentation for all of the project's hardware and software, including installation, configuration and How-To documentation.
- Use technical publications, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel as resources to provide field, data definition, and data flow documentation for required documentation
- Edit and/or write technical articles, publications, presentations, and other materials to communicate clearly and effectively research findings, technical developments, and other news and information to a wide range of internal and some external audiences.
- Interpret and administer documentation/ communication policies and procedures.
- Ensure all documents are version controlled through the QA specified system.
- Adhere to all Configuration Management process and procedures.
- Provide technical expert recommendations and/support to other documentation requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education / Requirements
- BS/BA degree
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in communications (media/public relations, employee communications or advertising)
- Proven, excellent communications skills - both written and interpersonal
- Significant experience working with MS PowerPoint and developing senior level briefings
- Experience producing, writing, and editing communications deliverables
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills
- Proven ability to be innovative and creative and capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner
- Ability to work autonomously and interface easily with senior business leaders and the local press
- Public policy advocacy writing, messaging and strategy experience
- Media relations experience desirable
- Graphic design experience desirable
- Experience with DoDAF's desirable
- U.S. Citizen
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position will require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary. Abilities
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals
DoD active security clearance may be required at a high-level security. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Company Summary
Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an SBA Certified NHO 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects located around the world, our team possesses innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technology solutions. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.
This job has expired.