Job ID: 435521
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
Job Description Summary
In order to support the growth of our operations in the United States, we are currently looking for a dynamic, proactive person with good listening skills.
In the context of a Call Center, you will contribute by providing technical support to professionals and consumers in the United States. To succeed in this role means to quickly and accurately solve customers' technical problems through personalized and sincere interactions. To do this, you will collaborate with the entire technical, R&D, and sales team.
Primary responsibilities include: handling incoming customer phone calls, making product recommendations, assisting customers with a wide range of issues including product application and assistance with problem related complaints.
If you think you can help us continue to improve our business in a modern, productive and inclusive workspace, we'd like to meet you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for receiving and responding to all incoming technical assistance calls for product applications. This also will include web site product application inquiries which will require email response pertinent to their specific application needs.
- Technical assistance/inquiries and application recommendations for construction materials, i.e. concrete repair materials, mortar/stucco for residential and commercial projects.
- Coordinate site visits with sales team to evaluate job site complaints
- Perform product/application training for customers and sales
- Perform application trials for new product development
- Write product certification letters as requested by customers and the sales team.
- Write LEED letters for products being specified on projects
- Assist Sales with field demonstrations and trade shows when needed
- Process all incoming customer complaints. Resolve low level to a reasonable monetary or product settlement.
- An understanding of what ASTM specifications relate to and building or code compliances for products being specified.
- Respond to customer/sales needs as a back up to the Technical Manager in their absence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Technical Manager.
What CRH Offers You
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Prior field application experience of leveling materials, concrete repair products, or stucco's mortars
- Ability to answer high call volume with professionalism and courtesy
- Basic math skills with the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Calculations will determine how much product is required for a specific project. These calculations may include converting inches to decimals
- Good computer applications ability. Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, and other software programs as needed
- Organize, coordinator and execute through completion all assigned duties
- Mechanical aptitude needed for building materials related to application trials, demo's training
- Ability to lift, mix and apply materials with bags weighing up to 80 lbs
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 24, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Charlotte Job Segment:
Technical Support, Technology
This job has expired.