Technical Product Support Representative - The Toro Company
Who Are We?
The Toro Company is a homegrown, Minnesota-based company that has been in business since 1914. We pride ourselves on providing world class equipment to help maintain the environment that we love, while putting an emphasis on giving back to the communities that surround us. From residential lawns and gardens, to venues such as St. Andrews Links and Target Field, we are a company with a global footprint and a passion for helping people beautify whatever landscape they may be in. With 100 years of operation under our belt and an average employee tenure of 15 years,come find out what makes The Toro Company the best place in the Twin Cities to build a career.
It's an exciting time to work at The Toro Company. Why? We are venturing into robotic and electrification products at a rapid speed. If you are a person that likes solving problems for customers, having variety in your work, using your current or learning new mechanical and robotic/electrification skills and knowledge, playing an integral part of designing new products or improving existing products, have a natural curiosity about how things work and a desire to learn and grow, this may be the job for you. On top of it, you get to work with a team that has fun working together and learning from one another as you solve problems together. You would become the go-to person for the product line you support and work with the sales, marketing and engineering teams to make products come to life.
What will you do?
What do you need?
- Demonstrated Demonstrate customer support skills with the ability to listen and empathize appropriately, communicate effectively with technical and non-technical individuals, and solve problems
- Ability to fix products whether the problem is an autonomous, auto steer, GPS, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, electronic controls, Tier 4+, hybrid and lithium ion technology issues
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective, collaborative working relationships with customers, and the sales, marketing, and engineering team members in a fast-paced environment
- Provide subject matter input for technical training development (eLearning, hands-on training, customer training packages, webinars)
- Conduct field support visits to support quality issues and escalated product issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong influencing skills, and strong problem solving, organization, and presentation skills with both internal and external individuals
- Naturally curious and a deep desire to continually learn and apply new skills
- Highly motivated and results driven
What Can We Give You?
- 4 years of related work experience in technical service, outdoor power equipment, automotive, heavy equipment/truck technology, robotics, electronics, or hydraulics preferred - OR - Associate's degree with two plus years of related work experience in technical service, outdoor power equipment, automotive, heavy equipment/truck technology, robotics, electronics, or hydraulics preferred - OR - Bachelor's degreein engineering with mechanical, electrical/software, manufacturing, or automotive emphasis (preferred)field
- Demonstrated Demonstrate ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills/experience required. Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, high demand problem solving environment with the ability to meet and/or negotiate timelines and solutions as necessary.
- Proficient at reading specifications or technical documents, engineering specifications and electrical/hydraulic schematics.
- Experience in the areas of fleet equipment maintenance, residential or commercial reel and rotary mowing, snow equipment, commercial / recreational powersports vehicles, sprayers/chemical application, aerification, and turf grass maintenance is preferred.
- Proficient in use of computer applications, including Microsoft Office software suite, SAP, and Windchill/PDM Link
- Multi-lingual skills definitely a plus
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time
At The Toro Company, we are always working to make sure our employees know just how valued they are. In addition to a competitive salary, an affordable and top tier medical/dental/vision plan, 401k, and many other great benefits -The Toro company offers employees at our Bloomington, MN HQlocation a variety of perks, including:
Dress for your day - We know you're more productive when you're comfortable, which is why TTC employees are encouraged to take advantage of our casual, corporate environment.
Location - Conveniently located near both St. Paul and Minneapolis, we are centrally located for most commuters!
Food - Take advantage of our onsite café, which serves both breakfast and lunch. With a Caribou Coffee attached, you can grab a snack and a coffee at any time during your day.
Wellness - The Toro Company's HQ offers complimentary use of our onsite fitness facility to employees. In addition to physical wellbeing, TTC offers a variety of mental health and financial health resources to all employees.
Summer Hours - Enjoy a flexible schedule during the summer! By working a little more during the first few days of the week, TTC employees at our Bloomington HQ are able to start their weekends early and leave by noon on Friday. By working a little more during the week, TTC employees at our Bloomington HQ are able to enjoy alternating Fridays off -OR- every other Friday off??? Since we must maintain phone support throughout the summer, we need to split the ½ day Fridays into every other Friday between the group. This maintains coverage.
Competitive Salary - Salary will be determined by experience and qualifications
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This job has expired.