Why Welbilt? That's easy... we're not your typical manufacturing company. We're building the industry's most incredible foodservice equipment; we're thinking outside the box to work smarter, not harder through Lean/Six Sigma methodologies; and we're bringing innovation to life each and every day with the industry's most talented workforce. Check out our opening at Welbilt's Delfield facility*today!
We are Welbilt! We are pioneers and innovators. Our industry knowledge and insights stretch back nearly a century, from the original founding of the Hirsch brothers' Welbilt Stove Company in 1929. We design, manufacture and supply best-in-class food and beverage equipment for the global foodservice market. We attract talent and build careers. We empower you to grow with us. We recognize you and reward you. We win together as one team.
The Tech Service Specialist provides technical support on incoming inquiries from Customers, Sales, and Service Techs and service agencies, regarding service and repair issues with supported equipment in the field.
Reporting directly to the Tech Service Manager, this position is based in Mount Pleasant, MI.
- Provide technical support on the product brand equipment for Service Techs, Service agencies, Sales and customers via phone, email, or possibly at a customer's location.
- Work closely with Management, Customer Service, Sales and Engineering to resolve escalated technical support issues evolving around the brands equipment in a timely manner.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Strong communication skills in the verbal and written form.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Ability to interpret and understand construction documents and specifications.
- Ability to apply basic math principles.
- Good keyboarding skills.
- Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel required - PowerPoint is useful).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified .
- Provides technical assistance and service support for inquiries received, via phone or email from for Service Techs, Service agencies, Sales and customers. Good interpersonal skills to influence team members
- Identifies the source of inquiries received from for Service Techs, Service agencies, Sales and customers of the product brand. Excellent verbal and written communications
- Responds to routine correspondence requests for service assistance from for Service Techs, Service agencies, Sales and customers
- Maintains accuracy of computerized service records and files from for Service Techs, Service agencies, Sales and customers of the product brand.
- Under direction of supervision and\or mentors, takes opportunities to educate themselves on product lines, service issues, and tools used in this area.
- Computer usage including MS Office skills - Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to communicate well and with tact verbally and in writing. In depth knowledge of product line.
* The Delfield Company in Mount Pleasant, MI manufactures world class product brands such as Delfield® and Multiplex®. Products include prep tables, worktop refrigeration, refrigerated equipment stands, mobile serving lines, custom refrigeration, frozen beverage dispensing equipment. The facility in Mount Pleasant is a division of Welbilt, Inc.
Welbilt, Inc. provides the world's top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents with industry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutions are powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise. Our portfolio of 12 award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™, Convotherm®, Crem®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™, Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands are supported by three service brands: KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand, FitKitchen®, our fully-integrated kitchen systems brand, and KitchenConnect®, our cloud-based digital platform brand. Headquartered in the Tampa Bay region of Florida, supported by over 5,400 employees and operating 21 manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, we sell through a global network of over 5,000 distributors and dealers in over 100 countries. For more information, visit www.welbilt.com .
Welbilt, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace . All applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status, familial status, medical condition, or any other status protected by law. All recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers and promotions will be on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, and business need.
This job has expired.