How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The PAS Team Lead position functions under the direction of the PAS Supervisor and/or Manager. The position is responsible for leading the daily operations of their assigned areas, including ensuring appropriate staffing, assisting with problem solving and customer service issues, and ensuring policies and procedures are being followed. The position assists the PAS Supervisor and/or Manager with monitoring, maintaining and evaluating key performance indicators (including quality, collections, productivity, and patient satisfaction), and developing and implementing action plans for optimum performance. Works well with other team members to ensure all areas are staffed appropriate to volumes.
The PAS Team Lead will often serve in a front line position, covering open shifts as appropriate. The position assists the PAS Supervisor and/or Manger with other duties as required to help ensure the efficiency of the department. Demonstrates professionalism, effective communication skills and active listening skills. Monitor wait times. Completes monthly cash audits. Assist with Workqueues. PAS Team Lead in handling daily responsibilities in conjunction with other departments. This offers better Customer Service to departments in the absence of the Supervisor/Manager. Assist staff with patient/doctor problems and/or complaints. Attend any meetings necessary on behalf of Supervisor/Manager when feasible.
Required Minimum Education:
Preferred Minimum Education
- High School Diploma (HSD) or General Educational Diploma (GED)
:Required Minimum Experience
Preferred Minimum Experience
- Must possess at least one year of healthcare experience in Patient Access Services,
Practice Operations, or Patient Financial Services. Bachelor's degree or higher may substitute for experience.
Required Minimum Skills
- 2 years of related experience in a healthcare setting. At least one year in a healthcare setting performing financial counseling or functions consistent with preservice operations including healthcare collections.
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to communicate with various members of the healthcare team.
- High attention to detail, self-directed and a positive attitude are essential.
- Effective problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Typing or data entry competency of at least 40 words/minute.
- Cash handling and balancing.
- Demonstrated professionalism, effective communication skills and active listening skills.
- Working knowledge of patient registration systems and intermediate Microsoft Office Suite are preferred.
- Epic experience preferred.
Required Minimum Certification
- Knowledge of medical terminology, CPT codes, HCPCS & ICD-10 codes.
- Detail understanding and interpretation of Explanation of Benefit's (EOBs).
Mandatory completion of
- Certified Revenue Cycle Representative* (CRCR).
- *CPAR or CHAA are acceptable minimum certification for hire, and CRCR must be obtained within 120 days of hire.
- Patient Access Services (PAS) Operations Onboarding Training followed by a minimum passing score of 90% on final exam within 45 days of hire. Staff who do not pass will no longer meet the minimum requirement and will subsequently have the option to meet with the Talent Acquisition Specialist to assess other positions available within the health system. PAS employees who successfully complete the PAS onboarding exam will have the option to progress through enrollment to the WHS Enterprise Membership - HFMA Certification program, subject to PAS leadership approval.
We'd like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we'll help you make the most of all life's moments - on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it's pretty simple - we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients' lives... and your own! Here, it's more than healthcare - it's CareerCare!