With over 100 offices and nearly 6,000 associates throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level.
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions:
- Top 101 2021 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation
- 2022 Top Workplaces USA
- 2021 America's Best Mid-Size Employers
- 2021 Best and Brightest Companies in Wellness
- 2022 Great Place to Work Certification
Together, CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. MHM is an independent CPA firm that provides audit, review and attest services, while CBIZ provides, business consulting, tax and financial services. We are looking to hire a Tax Associate II to join our Real Estate Team!
The ideal candidate will have preferrably 1+ years of experience in Public Accounting.
Our Real Estate Group has served the NYC real estate industry for over 100 years.We are proud to be trusted advisors to many of the most prominent commercial and residential real estate families, owners, builders, developers and investors.
Our client base consists of virtually all real estate stakeholders, from individual owners to global institutional investors. This includes:
- Owners, Builders and Developers of Commercial and Residential Real Estate
- Co-ops and Condominiums
- Property Managers
- Real Estate Families
- Institutional Investors
- International Investors
- Hotel Owners and Operations
Areas of Specialization:
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Real Estate Development -Tax Planning and Transaction Services
- Qualified Opportunity Zones
- Affordable Housing
- Family Wealth Planning
- Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)
- Complete all aspects of accounting and tax engagements for clients
- Execute solid understanding of accounting principles, general tax regulation, general quality control auditing standards, technology implementation procedures, etc. relative to individual client assignments
- Adhere to engagement budget constraints and complete assigned tasks within the time requested
- Strive to attain charge hour goals
- Practice in early practice development activities such as: memberships in qualified organizations capable of referring potential engagements
- Execute administrative duties as assigned
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Master's degree in Accounting, Taxation or related field
- Bachelor's degree
- Must have completed at least one "Busy Season"
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
If you are a qualified individual with a disabilityyou may request reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by calling [ Phone number blocked ] (toll free)or send an email to [ Link Removed ] .EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant's race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit these following pages [ Link Removed ] and [ Link Removed ] .
[ Link Removed ]