As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/Overview Statement
The Serve and Storage Engineering Services Team is responsible for designing and deploying new data center infrastructure technologies and services as a component of the overall architecture to meet business needs.
The infrastructure includes on prem and hybrid cloud services, virtualization, server hardware and operating systems, storage, and databases. It also includes the tools for automation, management and monitoring of those technologies. The Design team is accountable for the roadmap, architecture and transition to Operations.
The team works closely with the Server and Storage Operations Team, Integrated Network and Voice communication IS Support Services (Desktop and Mobile Endpoint), and the MGB CTO and Site CIOs as well as various working groups in the organization to continue the evolution of the data center infrastructure (both physical and virtual) and various cloud service provides.
The team is also responsible for architecture, design and documentation of new and emerging data center infrastructure technologies for use throughout MGB, which includes infrastructure certification environment and keeping the center up to date.
Under the direction of the Design Architect and Automation Manager, this engineer will work closely with the Service Now Team, IT Service Delivery Team, the Infrastructure team, the Cyber Security Team, the Governance/Risk/Compliance team, and other IT Service Owners to further enhance the IS provisioning workflow logic and support the automation platform along with the ecosystem of various components and tools that integrate with our builds: such as Powershell, IE, WMI, Splunk, Anti-virus, Infoblox, Cyberark and many more.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate user needs into product specifications with demonstrated ability to analyze current and proposed product functionality and propose usability enhancements.
- Actively participates in design critiques and presents creative design options and storyboards to product development team members, ensuring that visual design communicates and functions successfully for varying user, technical and performance specifications.
- Become the Subject Matter Expert on the IS provisioning workflow and its integration with our automation tool.
- As a Subject Matter Expert to the IS provisioning workflow, collaborate with other team members who are impacted by the workflow and define future design and logic enhancements to the overall process.
- Design, develop and test all enhancements directly related to the IS provisioning workflow that includes but not limited to the form UI modification, workflow design and logic development that directly impact all underlying date structure and objects.
- Designs, codes, tests and debugs software.
- Writes technical requirements documents.
- Identification & technical development of vRealize Scripts, Workflows Orchestrations
- Uses the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
- Performs all other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree or greater in Computer Science or a related discipline or 5 years related experience
- 2+ years of experience converting business requirements into workable solutions as a software developer
- 2+ years of experience leading technical projects, or technical components of enterprise projects
- Understand the fundamentals of database design, and web service (SOAP and REST) integrations
- Familiarity with fundamentals of good user interface design, and human-computer interaction principles.
- ITIL Certification a strong plus
- ServiceNow System Administrator Certification(s)
- Self starter with a strong work ethic and a demonstrated ability to work independently or as an active member of a team, willing to take initiative to outline work tasks and deliverables, and to meet with other teams across the organization to develop solutions
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains a professional demeanor while holding customer service and customer satisfaction in highest regard
- Demonstrates initiative, analytical evaluation, and constructive thinking skills.
- Shows ability to change focus and manage transitions.
- Shows willingness to compromise and willingness to adapt to changes in design requirements.
- High degree of creativity and "outside-the-box" thinking.
- Is a results-oriented person with an applied, practical focus
- Demonstrates an ability to translate design specifications into working web applications.
- Has ability to understand the work environment and manage competing priorities in conjunction with developing/meeting project goals.
- Understands the dynamic nature of the requirements gathering, analysis, and prototyping process.
- Detail oriented, with excellent testing and quality assurance skills.
- No direct reports; may indirectly provide leadership and guidance to less seasoned and new staff
- No direct budgetary responsibility
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by effectively using Mass General Brigham resources
MGB has implemented special remote working policies due to COVID-19. These policies are subject to change; however, it is currently expected that this position will work remotely (e.g. from home) full time through September 2021
- Standard Office Environment
- Possible local travel to Mass General Brigham sites
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear; use hands to finger; handle; or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop; kneel; or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
This job has expired.