Job ID: 217782
Location: ARLINGTON , VA , US
Date Posted: 2021-05-26
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services to the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense (DoD), intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies, and international customers. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a passion for taking on challenges and helping others. If you are interested in fulfilling work, being part of a diverse team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence, and analytics, then SAIC is right for you!
SAIC is seeking an Systems Engineer - Hypersonics Technology Assessments to join our team of qualified, diverse, and highly motivated individuals supporting the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense, Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)). The qualified candidate will provide extensive research, technical assessments, and policy recommendations, on existing and emerging technologies critical to the United States maintaining superior military capabilities. Work will be performed primarily at the Pentagon, the Mark Center in Alexandria, VA, and local company offices, supporting DoD, Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)), Department of Commerce (DoC), Department of State (DoS), and other Agencies. Travel will be required, less than 15% of the time, predominantly within the continental United States.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide technical support for the Director of Technology & Manufacturing Industrial Base (TMIB) responsible for conducting assessments of United States technical, development, manufacturing, and supply-chain ecosystems, and for creating strategies and investment plans to maintain United States military and technological superiority
- Coordinate across relevant DoD and extended communities, providing support to the Principal Director (PD) for Hypersonics to inform strategic roadmap(s) and associated industrial base activities
- Create and maintain an enduring set of deliverables and assessments required to field capabilities, addressing near-, mid-, and long-term technology development, industrial and innovation base production, critical DoD technology needs, increased opportunity for non-traditional supplier partnerships, and supply chain illumination
- Facilitate assessments at the confluence of technology concerns, business concerns, foreign involvement, and the effects of that involvement on DoD modernization priorities, warfighting capabilities, technology advantage, and associated RDT&E investments
- Identify activities and initiatives on the part of the DoD, its industry partners, and the extended global technology base to improve DoD’s abilities to develop, build, and field the system and mission capabilities it needs to retain military advantage and support U.S. interests
- Provide recommendations to mitigate foreign ownership, control, influence, cyber penetration, and other exploitation threats to the U.S. technology and manufacturing industrial base; protect and promote the industrial base through case reviews related to Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and other related export control activities
Education & Exerience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline or related science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) field and fourteen (14) years of related experience; 3 years with Hypersonics technologies
- Knowledge of the DoD acquisition processes, policies, and guidance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- Master’s degree in engineering discipline or related science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) field and twelve (12) years of related experience
- Knowledge of Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) organizational structures, functions, and communication protocol
- Knowledge of the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), OUSD(R&E), OUSD(A&S)/Industrial Policy, Defense Technology Security Administration (DTSA), export controls, intelligence, counterintelligence and law enforcement organizations, interagency partners like DoC and DoS, and relevant policies, procedures, tools, and support services
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
This job has expired.