Job ID: 217377
Location: HUNTSVILLE , AL , US
Date Posted: 2021-05-17
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer to support efforts in Huntsville, AL. We are supporting the Systems Simulation, Software, and Integration Directorate (S3I) at Redstone, Arsenal in support of the THAAD Trainer Institutional Conduct of Fire Trainer (ICOFT) and other related software and hardware projects. A Systems Engineer is needed for requirements maintenance, development, and sustainment, continuous process improvement, risk management, process analysis and development, and system hardware and software life cycle sustainment and development.
- The system engineer will support the THAAD Trainer lead System Engineer with software and hardware development, testing and deployment to end users.
- Analyze system, software, and hardware specifications and interface documents
- Assist in the architecture, design and modeling of the THAAD ICOFT software.
- Provide collaborative leadership to the THAAD Systems Engineering Team and other functional teams.
- Provide leadership for interdisciplinary teams as required to resolve systems engineering issues.
- Provide SE interface to project management as needed including planning, reporting, and tracking status to completion for all SE tasks.
- Perform Model-Based System Engineering to support the requirements, design, analysis, verification, and validation associated with the development of complex systems.
- Lead Agile scrums and maintain project integrated master schedules as required
- Lead cross functional teams to support software sprints and delivery
- Generate sequence diagrams showing the interactions between software and hardware
- Support the design of THAAD Trainer defense systems by generating CAD models and mechanical drawings in SolidWorks
- Support production and acceptance testing of THAAD Trainer systems
- Travel will be limited but could be up to 5% of the time.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and seven (7) years or more of software, hardware or test engineering experience.
- Experience supporting the design, testing, and integration of complex Defense Systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, and MS Project
- Active Secret clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
This job has expired.