Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Second Shift (United States of America)
Assists the surgical team in the preoperative, perioperative and postoperative phases of patient care in the operating room; assists in the preparation of the surgical suite; identifies plans for and implements instrumentation for select surgical procedures as assigned; performs as assistant to the surgeon during surgical procedures; ensures sterile and aseptic technique within the surgical environment; enhances own professional growth and development through attendance at inservices, staff meetings and professional education programs.
Required Education and Experience
Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)
Education and Experience
1. Associate's degree in surgical technology with graduation from an accredited OR Technician Program; or
2. Two (2) years of OR Technician or related experience gained through military service.
1. Incumbents must obtain and maintain Certified Surgical Technologist (CST); administered by a nationally accredited surgical technologist credentialing organization, or other comparable certification program recognized by Roswell Park Cancer Institute as appropriate for this title.
2. Incumbents must complete fifteen (15) hours of continuing education to remain qualified to practice as a surgical technologist.
3. Required degrees must have been granted by an accredited college or university or one recognized by Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center as following acceptable educational practices.
Roswell Park Cancer Institute Corporation (RPCIC) and Health Research Inc. (HRI) Roswell Park Division believe that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities, and we do not discriminate against our employees, applicants or job seekers because of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, creed, age, disability, pregnancy-related condition, military or veteran status, marital or familial status, domestic violence victim status, citizenship status, genetic information, individual's relationship or association with a member of a protected category or any other protected group status as defined by law.
Additionally, RPCIC and HRI Roswell Park Division are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to HR-Benefits@RoswellPark.org or call (716) 845-4700 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .