Mass Eye and Ear
Massachusetts Eye and Ear is an international center for treatment and home to the world's largest vision and hearing research centers. Mass. Eye and Ear clinicians are driven by a mission to find cures for blindness, deafness and diseases of the head and neck. Internationally acclaimed since its founding in 1824, Mass. Eye and Ear employs full-time, board-certified physicians who offer high quality and affordable specialty care that ranges from the routine to the very complex.
Mass. Eye and Ear is a member of Mass General Brigham and a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School. In conjunction with Harvard Medical School, Mass. Eye and Ear is committed to the education of future health care professionals, as well as the education of the public concerning the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of the diseases in its specialties and concerning the rehabilitation of patients handicapped by these diseases. In order to provide the highest quality of contemporary care and even better care in the future, Mass. Eye and Ear conducts laboratory and clinical research in its areas of specialty. Mass. Eye and Ear recognizes its obligation to serve as a source of excellence in patient care, teaching, and research in Massachusetts, the United States, and the world.
Full-time; 40 hours per week; 4pm to Midnight
The Supply Chain Distribution Tech I is an integral member of the Materials Management team providing equipment, supplies and information to assigned supply carts and hospital departments.
Qualifications EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Maintains all inventories that support assigned carts and supply areas.
- Coordinates with Operations Supervisor & Tech IIs to insure prompt and efficient delivery of stock to users.
- Coordinates with other Tech's to seek out and gain supply chain process improvements.
- Unpacks and places stock in proper locations.
- Supports case picking and other functions as primary or secondary source.
- Receives requests for supplies.
- Delivers items to requesting departments, obtains authorized signatures for accepted items. Updates Receiving in the Materials Mgt. Computer.
- Enters returns when necessary.
- Alerts Operations Supervisor to stock outs, and items that have become inactive and/or outdated.
- Rotates stock in the Main Inventory and the unit inventories, removes any and all outdated items from the shelves and records on Outdated Log.
- Conducts cycle counts and physical inventory.
- Maintains established hospital and department policies and procedures, objectives, Quality Assurance, Safety, Environmental & Infection Control.
- Incumbent is considered Essential during Disaster or Other Emergency situations.
- Responsible for all other related duties.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required. Minimum of 1 year experience.
Experience working with computer systems.
Analytical ability and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and resolve problems with department managers and company representatives.WORKING CONDITIONS:
Working on a computer 1-2 hours per day. Stockroom environment of sterile and non sterile supplies.
Exposure to outside elements, wet surfaces, cramped areas and elevated platformPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Lift/pushes items up to 70 pounds. Moves heavy items over 70 pounds. Reaches above shoulders. Uses fingers on both hands. Bends, stoops, drawls and kneels. Works with chemicals and hazardous materials. Works on elevated platform. Walks/stands for six hours per day.EEO Statement
Massachusetts Eye and Ear is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment or discrimination. All employment decisions are made without regard to race,color, age, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, sex, pregnancy or conditions related to pregnancy, national origin/ ancestry, citizenship, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, training and career development programs.
This job has expired.