Are you looking for an opportunity to shape how health care will be delivered in the future? Do you seek a job environment where you have exposure to senior leaders and the opportunity for career advancement? Do you thrive working with other high-performers on cutting-edge solutions that will positively impact the lives of doctors, nurses, and patients across the globe? If so, we welcome you to apply!
Clinical Solutions is a division of Elsevier that focuses on helping doctors, nurses, other health care professionals to improve patient outcomes, through technology-based solutions that leverage the depth and breadth of Elsevier clinical content. The Clinical Solutions team is passionate about this mission and includes alumni from several top consulting firms. Our strategy team is a key driver of the direction we take in Clinical Solutions, and the Strategy Manager will be a key contributor to the formulation and execution of our strategy, working with our different businesses across international health and education.
You will work closely with senior managers across the business, and report to the VP Strategy of Clinical Solutions. This role is based in Philadelphia.
Project Management & Communications
- Work with the VP, Strategy and members of the CS Management Team to develop strategy and operating plans for the North American Clinical Solutions business
- Undertake analysis / modelling work to drive insight into market trends and competitive positioning
- Assist in developing business unit-specific product strategies to drive future growth in North America and globally
- Refine our M&A strategy to accelerate growth, identify and maintain pipeline of high priority M&A targets
Strategy execution support
- Support implementation of key strategic initiatives, improving group's ability to deliver on strategic priorities and improving operational effectiveness
- Manage multiple projects across business units by setting project plans, tracking progress against established timelines and coordinating input from multiple stakeholders
- Drive alignment and collaboration between business units by proactively identifying areas of overlap
- Facilitate senior management team meetings on weekly, monthly, quarterly basis to ensure high priority topics are being addressed, and communicate action items out to teams
What you should bring
- Identify opportunities to improve the operational metrics tracked by the business and, where required, support in re-designing programs to track metrics
- Help the businesses translate strategies to business cases and execution plans
- Drive the implementation of data-driven measures for progress on executing our strategies
- Support and/or lead due diligence projects for M&A targets
- Excellent academics, advanced degree level preferred (MBA or PhD)
- Minimum of 2-3 years strategy experience with a top-tier strategy consulting firm
- Experience in one or more of the following segments: information solutions, digital research, digital health/life sciences, healthcare, technology
- Fluency with strategy skill set, and ability to manage strategy projects from start to finish: from work plan to recommendations
- A self-starter with ability to balance several initiatives simultaneously and meet project timelines.
- Experience and ability to manage multiple senior stakeholders and prioritize projects across various business units
- High level of energy, professionalism and trust, a leader by example with a "Can Do" attitude
- Creative and pragmatic problem-solving skills
- Excellent analytical skills - ability to apply objectivity and rigor to problem solving
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills with experience managing senior stakeholders
- Financial acumen: able to link strategy to finance and commercial performance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to synthesize findings clearly and present on executive level
- Exceptional quantitative skills, e.g., ability to perform statistical analyses of complex datasets
- Willing to travel (Up to 20% of time)
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.