The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) East Region is responsible for being the primary contact and key relationship manager for assigned Strategic Veterinary, Strategic Pork Producer Accounts, and prospect accounts.
The SAM is responsible for developing a strategic account plan designed to maximize Zoetis sales within assigned accounts.
The SAM is a leader and trusted business partner responsible for developing intimate knowledge of the Customer's business, serving as the account "expert or quarterback"
, coordinating and leading all Zoetis activities with the assigned accounts utilizing all resources. This position will require overnight travel that will vary with the specific account assignment and locations.
- Responsible for developing and growing business partnerships with all business units of the assigned customer(s). This approach will include but not be limited to:
- In-depth understanding of the customer as demonstrated and communicated through a comprehensive business plan
- Conducting activities and interactions that deepen our strategic partnerships and Zoetis portfolio growth within assigned accounts
- Demonstrating the value of our portfolio through a thorough understanding of our customer's needs, segments they sell into and the steps necessary to demonstrate value.
- Effective use and data entry of all appropriate CRM functionality
- Leading the support team for the account(s) effectively to maximize realization of sales
- Develops, coordinates and guides the Account(s) strategy, which is designed to position Zoetis as a "Trusted Advisor" and optimize revenue for all key products, within assigned Account(s).
- Leads all aspects of Strategic Account's business plan development and execution.
- Negotiates and manages the strategic agreements, programs, Professional Education Initiatives (PEI) and Value Models with the assigned account(s) to optimize business results.
- Works with all relevant Zoetis stakeholders/departments.. (including but not limited to Pork Leadership Team, Account Managers, Technical Services, Outcomes Research, Marketing, Account Based Marketing, Pricing, Business Operations, Pork Production Specialists, Sales Support, and , Zoetis Sr. Management) to influence product/service positioning working at all to times support the account(s) and Zoetis' best interests.
- Provides insight to Zoetis management on account(s) market, business and growth strategies to assist in defining long term relationship strategies and supporting product promotions.
- Coordinates with Field Force and Headquarters resources to effectively create and leverage synergies and opportunities between Headquarters, the Field Force and the Strategic Account(s).
- Coordinates within the account(s) to understand and interact with all levels of production, management, ownership, service, and leadership.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum 4 year Bachelors Degree in Animal Science, Ag Business, Pre-Vet, Ag Economics, Marketing, or similar degree
Minimum 10 years of Excellent Sales Performance and/or Pork/Livestock Production Experience
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
• Proven knowledge and successful working relationships with large, complex accounts.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills are a must.
• Strategic Account Management and Understanding
• Proven Negotiation Skills and ability to influence
• Excellent project management leadership skills
• Strong Technical background in animal health practices and products
• Excellent organizational, account management, and people skills.
• Strong Computer Skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, ability to learn Zoetis Systems)
• Understanding of Modern Pork Production Practices is a plus
Understanding of Business relationships between all facets of the Pork Productions Chain including but not limited to the following production, veterinarians, packers, processors, sales, marketing, distribution, and consumer outlets is a plus
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to work in modern pork production facilities, climbing gates, walking pens, working among pigs of all sizes and ages
• Implementation of modern pork production facilities, climbing gates, walking pens, working among pigs of all sizes and ages
• Ability to travel (in vehicle and air) with varying need for overnight stays based on account location and need
• Ability for limited but some weekend/evening work based on customer and business meeting needs.
• Ability for limited but some weekend/evening work based on customer and business meeting needs.Role can be located in OH/PA Area
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Zoetis from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume database will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
This job has expired.