Vallen’s Storeroom Crib Attendant is an individual contributor positioned within a customer’s location to fulfil daily receiving, stocking, issuing, and cycle counting of customer and/or Vallen inventory. They are responsible for maintaining a professional, clean and organized work environment.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unloads, receives and puts away incoming product, goods, tools and/or equipment; unpacks bales, crates, and other containers; checks for damage and for discrepancies between goods and invoices.
- Accurately sorts, labels, moves and stores items; places material or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, style, or product codes; arranges storage to optimize crib space.
- Issues product, goods, tools and/or equipment to site employees; documents and maintains accurate records for issued and returned items.
- Enters data into a database or other computerized system to maintain up-to-date stock records; retrieves stored information to respond to inquiries (e.g., inventory levels or delivery schedules.); documents discrepancies on an error log and seeks management advice on appropriate corrective action.
- Requests requisitions to replenish inventory.
- Assists with inventory level maintenance; performs cycle counts and prepares report results.
- Inspects and measures tools/equipment for defects, wear and tear and reports damage or wear to supervisors.
- Prepares periodic inventory or maintains perpetual inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Delivers tools or equipment to associate work locations.
- Investigates and locates lost or misplaced equipment or safety supplies.
- May repairs, services and lubricates tools and equipment as required.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
High school diploma or equivalent coupled with 2+ years of relevant experience and/or training.
Relevant experience and/or aptitude should include:
- Loading, unloading, picking, packing or moving goods in a warehouse environment; forklift / cherry picker experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, work orders, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic computer knowledge and proficiency and/or a demonstrated technical aptitude to learn; preferred technical skills to include but not limited to MS-Office products, Vista, Control, SX.e, Prophet 21.
- Demonstration of basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units to measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals); ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent preferred.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and be self-motivated to accomplish assigned tasks and goals.
- Demonstration of attention to detail and is safety minded.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and may be implemented to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
- Work environment may not be temperature controlled; must have the ability to work in extreme hot or cold environments.
- Must have the ability to work in dusty conditions.
- May be required to handle hazardous materials and wear various forms of protective equipment (shoes, gloves, protective eyewear, etc.)
- May be required to pass forklift and/or other warehouse equipment certifications (written and/or driving).
- Assigned work shifts may vary and/or rotate.
- Overtime may be required; extended day, evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand and may include little to no advanced notice.
- Must be able to handle and work physical inventory; required to lift up to 25 lbs or greater with assistance following standard operating and safety procedures. Other physical requirements including, regularly being required to stand, walk, kneel, bend, crouch, crawl, climb and balance.
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus are required.
Vallen is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain solutions and services along with a comprehensive range of maintenance, repair, operating, production, safety, and electrical products to meet the growing supply needs of customers in facilities across North America and around the world. Vallen is headquartered in Belmont, NC and is a subsidiary of Sonepar USA, part of the global Sonepar family.
Stay up to date with Vallen, follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook,
What are the Benefits?
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts, and a definitive career path.
This job has expired.