If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
Job Description for Hospitalist
Per Diem Staff Physician
TITLE: Per Diem Staff Physician
INSTITUITION: University of Miami
DIVISION: Hospital Medicine
REPORTS TO: Chief, Division of Hospital Medicine
SALARY RANGE: Per Diem
TYPE OF POSITION: Full time
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBLITIES:
The Division of Hospital Medicine is looking for a Per Diem Staff Physician responsible for providing direct in-patient medical care to adult patients on medical and surgical services. He/she will also provide in-patient and out-patient medical consultation in a variety of settings. He/she will be involved with medical student, resident, and fellow education. He/she must be leading an educational or administrative project within the Division.
OUTLINE OF ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTIONS TO INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Direct care to adult non-surgical hospitalized patients.
- Consultation for hospitalized patients on any service.
- Coordinate internal medicine subspecialty care.
- Consultation for nonservice unit patients by telephone.
- Participate in quality improvement activities.
- Participate in committee work.
- Participate in medical student, resident and fellow education.
- Provide leadership for academic projects in education, quality and safety or Division/Departmental administration.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Valid American Board Certification in Internal Medicine.
- Awarded degree of M.D. or D.O. from an ABIM recognized internal medicine residency.
- Valid and unrestricted Florida Medical License or eligible to apply.
- Must maintain CME to meet institutional and state licensing requirements.
- Must have excellent clinical knowledge and experience to provide safe and quality care to patients and meet institutional standards of care.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with staff, patients, and family members.
- Must demonstrate the ability to meet responsibilities of the position
- There will be work on weekends, nights and holidays based on the needs of the Division
- Must be able to physically respond when on-call
- Hospital maintains safety and infection control programs in place to reduce risk to employee
- No age requirements are associated with this position.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Part timeEmployee Type: