What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Who we are...
The Walmart Data Ventures team exists to unlock the full value of Walmart's data by developing andproductizingB2B datainitiativesthat empower merchants and suppliers to make better, faster decisions for the business. As part of this transformation, we're seeking entrepreneurial individuals to help drive data productization from concept to deployment.
What you'll do...
As a Technical Data Steward, you will be responsible for maintaining and managing the technical aspects of Walmart Data Ventures data. You will ensure that data is accurate, consistent, and accessible to users throughout the organization. You will work with Data Stewards, Data Analysts, Product Managers, Data Engineers, and Data Scientists to ensure that data is stored and managed in a way that meets the needs of the organization.
You will sweep us off our feet if you...
- Understand product use cases and coordinate across organization to identifying best data source, analyze and profile the data for accuracy, completeness, and consistency.
- Work with data modelers to create data design, column mappings, joins, filters etc., ensuring the data meets requirements and reconciliate the data with data source once implemented.
- Work with fellow Data Stewards and Security team to ensure the policies and standards implemented are consistent across the organization.
- Work with data quality team to ensure data is consistent and help create rules.
- Create automated and reusable frameworks (Python, SQL etc.,) and reports/dashboards on data analysis and reconciliation.
- Advice data modelers on column data types and design to ensure the data architecture is scalable and consistent.
- Validate and Sign-off data once the Data Engineers implement data design and create data assets.
- Understand and interpret the code (SQL, Scala, PySpark, Python, ETL etc.,) implemented by Data Engineers at a high level and interpret pseudo code.
- Create, validate data mapping (table, column, joins, filters etc.,) and be able to understand and document data lineage.
- Help business data stewards, data analysts and support teams understand data design, sharing knowledge and identify potential data issues.
- Document all data stewardship activities in Data Catalog, lineage, or Metadata management enterprise tools.
- Provides guidance to business stakeholders, peers, and junior associates on the implementation of data governance practices.
- Helps business leaders understand and interpret company and regulatory policies around data.
- Drives successful adoption of organizational data utilization and educates others on roles and accountability for data management.
Benefits & Perks:
- Bachelor's degree (Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science) with a minimum of 8+ years of experience or master's degree with 6+ years of experience in Data management (Data Steward, Data Engineering, Data Analyst, Data Science, Business Intelligence, ETL etc.,)
6+ years of hands-on experience in SQL and be an expert at it. Understands concepts of stored procedures, nested queries, advanced SQL functions, CTEs etc.,
- 6+ years of hands-on experience working with data in database, data warehouse or big data technologies like SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, Hive, Presto, GCP BigQuery, AWS Redshift, Azure Synapse Analytics, Snowflake etc.,
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in data visualization tools like Power BI, Tableau etc.,
- 2+ years of hands-on experience working with ETL/Cloud/Big Data technologies and tools like Informatica, Microsoft SSIS, Apache Spark (Scala, PySpark), Apache Hive, Airflow etc.,
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in Python or equivalent object-oriented programming language.
- Understanding of Data Governance, best practices in data management and tools (e.g., Collibra) like data catalog, lineage and metadata management is a must.
- Understands lifecycle of software products and concepts of data architecture and agile methodology.
- Understanding of different business domains, Finance, Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing etc., and their common KPIs.
- Experience working on datasets like consumption data, POS, panel, consumer insights and from syndicated data providers will be good to have.
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more. Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people. Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. #dataventures
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .
The annual salary range for this position is $79,000.00-$169,000.00
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentivesMinimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business, Mathematics, Finance, Computer Science, Data Architecture, or related field and 4 years' experience in data stewardship, data management, database administration, data analytics, or related field. Option 2: 6 years' experience in data stewardship, data management, database administration, data analytics, or related field. Option 3: Master's degree in Business, Mathematics, Finance, Computer Science, Data Architecture, or related field and 2 years' experience in in data stewardship, data management, database administration, data analytics, or related field.Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data Management certification (for example, Certified Data Management Professional), Driving taxonomy development and application particularly with large and complex sets of information, Industry experience (for example, retail, supply chain, eCommerce, healthcare), Master's degree in Mathematics, Finance, Computer Science, Data ArchitecturePrimary Location...
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America About Walmart
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"At Walmart, you have the support you need at any given moment no matter the circumstance." - Shelby, Project AnalystHello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum-NWA has something for everyone.
This job has expired.