The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Leading Company in Travel is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer in Atlanta, GA
- Your primary functions are to help design, develop, document, test and support new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal and external use (analysis, design, code).
- Leads and influences technical direction for large-scale, highly complex technical initiatives and/or projects requiring integration of cross-functional systems. Provides technical guidance in evaluating middleware systems or evaluating requests for proposals.
- Responsibilities include application integration into JEE instances, JVM tuning to optimizes application resource usage, JEE component packaging, and infrastructure design using industry best practices.
- Provide consultation and direct technical support in life cycle planning, problem management, integration, and systems programming
- Engineer ensures platform performance and availability meet enterprise objectives through monitoring, timely service restoration, and tuning
- Installing/building/configuring WebSphere & JBOSS on ec2 instances in AWS on both Linux and Windows platforms
Skills & Requirements
- 6 + years of experience required
- AWS as it relates to ec2 instances
- Bachelor's degree in either Computer Science, Management Information Systems, related field, or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of Java/J2EE development experience, hands-on troubleshooting and deployment experience
- Solid knowledge of powershell
- In depth knowledge and experience with Java, J2EE, WebSphere Application Server, JBOSS EAP, Tomcat, Apache, Node.js
- Knowledge of Microsoft .net hosting and IIS
- Experience in supporting application teams and Troubleshooting in a DEV, Stage, UAT, and Production environment
- Must be able to provide on-site, and on-call 7x24x365 support, as needed
- Ability to clearly communicate with peers, business analysts, and subject matter experts - Ability to lead and mentor associate developers.
- In depth knowledge and support of middleware products on AWS for both ec2 and containerized instances
- Experience with Ansible, AWS or AEM is preferred
- OpenShift Administration Experience preferably as it pertains to Middleware - ie Creating/Updating Middleware Images
- Must have the ability to listen to customers and colleagues; convey ideas effectively; prepare written documentation
- Proactive in nature with customer satisfaction as a primary goal Delta Air Lines develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.
- AWS certification required
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1145150
This job has expired.