Sr. Research Specialist
The Ophthalmology Department is seeking a Senior Research Specialist who will assist in writing manuscripts and figure preparation for three studies involving choroidal pathology and assessment of ocular vasculature.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Chemistry or related field.
- Fours years experience in a comparable laboratory performing relevant techniques.
- Master's Degree, with related graduate research, may substitute for experience to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.*
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 18 graduate degree credits (semester hours) may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. ** Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of choroidal histology and function is required for this position as is a strong understanding of AMD pathology and choroidal changes with age.
- A solid publication record and excellent skills in Photoshop are essential as is experience with confocal microscopy, particularly a Zeiss 710.
Classified Title: Sr. Research Specialist
Starting Salary Range: $45,650 - $62,850 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Casual / On Call
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM Oph Basic Research
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at email@example.com
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Sr_-Research-Specialist-MD-21287/890524600/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.