Reporting to the Director of Procurement, the Sr. Procurement Lead - Jet Fuel, will be responsible for overseeing Jet Fuel and any other designated procurement categories within the organization.
The role is instrumental in driving exceptional results for large-scale strategic procurement initiatives and will be responsible for developing strategic sourcing capabilities with respect to Jet Fuel and other specific commodities/categories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but are not limited to:
▪ Develops, deploys, and manages sourcing plans and strategies for Amerijet's Jet Fuel needs.
▪ Manage/lead the RFX process and contract negotiation. Liaise with legal and risk management.
▪ Develop, implement and manage all activities related to fuel management with a specific customer(s), including:
o Monthly Fuel amounts forecast based on predicted fuel volumes;
o Management of a fuel rolling buffer, based on agreed conditions;
o Monthly customer fuel invoicing amounts, and customer fuel reconciliations;
o Audit and assure fuel prices meet agreed conditions. Input prices in the system(s) as needed.
o Support any disputes with fuel vendors;
o Perform close monitoring of the fuel price variations and invoicing the customer for additional amounts as agreed with the customer;
o Lead and support other areas regarding the setup of fuel in new locations;
o Be able to obtain information from different systems and sources and to treat the data in MS Excel or another system/solution;
o Develop, implement and manage business-supporting KPIs;
o Monthly reporting (volume, amounts, etc);
o Liaise with flight ops to obtain timely flight data information;
o Lead monthly and quarterly meetings with the customer(s) to manage all fuel aspects, adjustments, and reconciliations;
o Any other task to guarantee proper fuel management, reporting, and reconciliation with the Customer(s) is successful.
▪ Continuous seek for cost reduction opportunities, including but not limited to jet fuel, into-plane, landing fees, tax incentives per location, and fuel consortiums.
▪ Development of comprehensive domestic and international market analysis to drive the lowest total cost and maximum value to the company, maintaining knowledge of market trends including analysis of market drivers, cost structures, and technical improvements.
▪ Partner with user groups in the development and launch of procurement strategy timelines, cost and quality goals, and service levels.
▪ Viewed as a procurement reference and go-to person by internal clients and suppliers; being a contributor and an expert on procurement topics.
▪ Oversee all processes and activities related to the jet fuel management/administration, including pricing management, fuel invoices auditing process, fuel accruals, new locations fuel set up.
▪ Manage strategic supplier relationships, including vendor scorecards/KPIs, and associated supplier performance review schedules, and reporting of supplier performance against goals.
▪ Manage and drive transformation initiatives, such as major cost reductions.
▪ Enforce Procurement Policy and Guidelines are followed and Amerijet is compliant with federal and international regulations and other laws and regulations that may apply at any time.
Establish a strong relationship with the customer(s) for the purposes of management, reporting, reconciliation, and auditing of all commercial aspects related to fuel as agreed.
Support the Director of Procurement in: (i) developing and implementing processes, policies, and systems; and (ii) addressing critical issues and opportunities facing the procurement area.
Be independent and lead the procurement process for the assigned tasks.
EDUCATION and/or CERTIFICATION:
An undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Finance or related area.
CPSM Certification or equivalent. If not a certified Procurement professional, it shall commit to obtaining the certification within 9 months after the start date.
Desirable Lean Six Sigma certification and Project Management.
In-depth working knowledge and management of all aspects related to Jet Fuel.
Proven knowledge of the procurement process, RFX, contract language, negotiation, vendor and contract management, and project management.
ERP system (MSD365 is a plus). Data analytics. MS Word/Excel/ PowerPoint.
A seasoned procurement professional with proven previous experience in the procurement process, including contract and vendor management, and a minimum of five years in a similar role in jet fuel purchase in the aviation, aerospace, or related industry of significant size, with exposure to indirect and direct spending, and category management responsibilities.
Management of vendor relationships, contract negotiation, and management and vendor scorecards/KPIs.
SKILLS and/or ABILITIES:
Strong business and financial acumen with excellent analytical skills are essential.
Active learning/ Stress tolerance/ Achievement and effort/ Problem-solving/
Microsoft Excel and data mining and analytics: Ability to perform data mining, and analysis, using pivot tables, vlookup, complex and professional graphics and other functions. Query's and other more advanced knowledge will be considered a plus.
Microsoft Word + professional writing: Ability to manage contracts, including formatting. Write professional letters and other communications.
Microsoft PowerPoint: Ability to put together a professional presentation in a creative and consolidated format.
ERP and other systems: Proven experience working with ERP systems (MSD 365 is a plus). Sourcing and other systems are considered a plus.
An unblemished record related to his or her ethical integrity and that of the organizations he or she has served.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:
Job is mostly office based sitting however may require some standing and walking.
Availability for some planned travel may be required to visit vendors, Amerijet offices/operations in other countries and attend trade shows.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks, and skills required of an employee in this position. Amerijet International Airlines, Inc. reserves the right to request that other tasks be performed when warranted (for example, by emergencies, changes in personnel or workload, corporate reorganization, or technical development). Amerijet International Airlines, Inc. also reserves the right to revise this job description.
Amerijet International Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regards to race, color religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factors under federal, state or local law.
Any applicant requiring assistance with our online application process or who needs and accommodation for the application process due to a disability should contact (954) 320-5391 or send an e-mail to ADAapps@amerijet.com
LEGAL NOTICES TO ALL APPLICANTS
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Employee Rights Under The Family and Medical Leave Act
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
DOJ Right to Work
Florida Law Prohibits Discrimination
Dade County Living Wage Ordinance
Brooklyn, New York
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!