If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Central Business Office has an exciting opportunity for a Full-time Senior Medical Collector to work in Coral Gables Campus. The Senior Medical Collector applies collection practices knowledge to ensure that patient demographic information is accurate, and that proper funding source is billed and collected upon in a timely manner. The Senior Medical Collector works with patients, insurances, and physician offices to solve any issues and maximize reimbursements.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Contacts various payers and patients to collect on outstanding accounts and tracks all calls.
- Identifies patterns of patient and insurance concerns and reports to supervising staff.
- Handles incoming patients' questions and concerns, and documents them appropriately.
- Prepares reports on items assigned and recommends plans of action.
- Responds to over-the-phone and in-person inquiries from patients and insurance carriers.
- Coordinates the resolution of patient accounts and verifies demographic and insurance information.
- Works on accounts receivables in assigned areas to maximize reimbursement.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience required
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting procedures and principles.
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.