Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
What we need:
Mohawk is looking for a Senior Manager of ESG Reporting Compliance who can do more with Mohawk. This position will work directly with our global teams and business units teams to ensure that Mohawk meets compliance with all relevant ESG regulatory reporting requirements, in addition to providing data for voluntary ESG reporting.
This position will help ensure that not only is Mohawk in compliance with regulation, but will also enable Mohawk to provide meaningful and accurate data and reporting to position Mohawk as a sustainability leader within the flooring industry. The ideal candidate will lead, plan, organize and facilitate company-wide ESG regulatory reporting efforts. Over time, this role will create and implement a holistic regulatory reporting framework, controls, processes, documentation, and strategy which will embed ESG further into Mohawk culture and every corporate functional area.
What you'll do:
- Lead global efforts to meet compliance for ESG reporting regulations, including but not limited to EU CSRD (Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive) including the ESRS (European Sustainability Reporting Standards) and SEC Climate Rules and Human Capital Rules
- With the Director of Carbon and Sustainability Reporting, establish and be accountable to the roadmap to meet ESG reporting compliance globally
- Collaborate with internal teams, including internal audit, accounting, finance, legal, HR, tax, purchasing, operations, EHS, marketing, product, and sustainability to
- educate on the regulations,
- establish repeatable data gathering processes,
- and implement controls across ESG data, including Scope 1, 2, 3 emissions, water, waste, product circularity, biodiversity, people, supplier, and pollution
What you have:
- Establish proper controls for reporting within the ESG data platform via cross department collaboration
- With Internal Audit and external experts, lead work to:
- establish and document processes and outcomes of regulatory requirements, including processes for materiality assessments, sustainability due diligence, climate-related risks and opportunities, and transition plans;
- create or modify policies in line with business sustainability objectives;
- provide feedback and recommendations on targets and how to report on targets
- Lead work with external parties including auditors and outside consultancies
- Conduct research and benchmarking for key trends and translate those findings into best company practices and goals
What you're good at:
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline required, master's preferred
- 8+ years' experience with a focus on meeting regulatory compliance, preferably accounting or ESG compliance
- Understanding/familiarity with ESG concepts and frameworks such as TCFD, SASB, GRI, CDP, GHG Protocol, SBTs (Science Based Targets), and Net Zero.
- A passion for making the planet a better place
- Demonstrated ability to implement controls, processes and to meet reporting compliance, within accounting or ESG
- Demonstrated knowledge of ESG frameworks, protocols, and standards
- Demonstrated program management experience in organizing, planning, and executing global efforts from conception through implementation
- Demonstrated experience in effective communication, from executive leadership to the factory floor
- While we're a primarily in-office team, we thrive on flexibility and ensuring our people can balance personal and professional time
- Some travel required
- We take caring for our planet seriously - Check out what we're doing with sustainability here!
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.Nearest Major Market:
This job has expired.