At Intuitive, we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints. Our mission is our guiding force; our culture is the DNA that makes us unique.
As a pioneer in robotic-assisted surgery (RAS), we have been expanding our innovations through technology to help make a difference in the world. For 25 years, human ingenuity has guided our journey to help solve some of healthcare’s complex challenges.
We believe a great idea can come from anywhere—inclusion and mutual respect are vital to our culture. We value character grounded in integrity, a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and diverse experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and strive to achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s help to advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The Product Quality Continuous Improvement Sr. Manager will be responsible for Quality Engineering personnel and related programs. This includes but is not limited to: employee management and engagement, quality systems and standards, continuous improvement activities utilizing lean concepts, and new equipment/process integration. Work collaboratively with other Operations Quality team to facilitate Engineering and Operations Management maximize efficiencies, achieve annual targets, and improve the overall safety and product consistency in manufacturing.
Leads key Lean Quality projects such as reduction in rework, reduction in quality notifications, etc., providing leadership in developing practical solutions to complex analytical problems. Improves product quality processes attending Kaizen events, process mapping, 5s, or other lean tools. Facilitates quality improvement on the production floor.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develops, reviews, and approves quality indicator metrics measuring product, process and administrative functions used to evaluate continuous improvements.
- Develops and implements inspection and audit procedures to assess successes and opportunities and to ensure continuous improvement.
- Establishes metrics to monitor and drives continuous improvement in returned goods resolution, rework reduction, and ensuring accurate quality decisions on conforming products.
- Assists in evaluating product compliance to internal and external technical requirements, standards and delivery performance through program reviews and data analysis.
- Provides technical assistance to Project Manager, facilitates Corrective Action Plans, Data analysis and recommends/oversees process improvement actions.
- Analyzes product failures and directly conducted or supported structured root cause analysis Data Analysis, Statistical Modeling and Reporting.
- Performs data analysis, tracks and trends reporting, documenting outcomes and establishing any opportunities for improvement.
- Develops and analyzes statistical data to determine standards and assists in establishing quality and reliability expectancy of finished product.
- Facilitates cross-platform analysis and identifies patterns in root cause analysis for proactive decision-making.
- Identifies trends and process variations for future improvement initiatives. Participate in the reviewing of cross-platform engineering designs to contribute quality requirements and considerations – identifies product quality issues based upon past trends, historical data, and correlation studies.
- Mentors, coaches, teaches, and monitors product quality requirements and process compliance.
- Analyzes product quality SPC data, FMEA & Control Plans and drawings while performing root Cause Analysis.
- Coordinates to ensure minimized backlog management and process bottlenecks through the use of FMEA application with resolution/mitigation efforts. Hands-on process mapping expert.
- Bridges the gap between supplier quality issues (vendor records) and final quality issues.
- Trains all personnel on best practices, new standards, and act as an advocate for positive change.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or a related field
- Advanced degree (Master’s in Engineering or a related field) preferred
- Minimum 15+ years of progressive experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3-5+ years in a supervisory role (direct or indirect)
- Lean training and experience required. Green belt or higher is a preferred qualification.
- A proven track record of implementing improvements.
- Experience with customer interaction and problem resolution.
- A high degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Shift 1 - Day
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Travel Requirements: Yes, 10 % of the Time Shift: Shift 1 - Day