If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The UHealth System at the University of Miami has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Insurance Verification.
The Sr. Insurance Verification Representative verifies insurance eligibility and authorization for all contracted and non-contracted insurance carriers and takes appropriate steps to facilitate reimbursement to department for services rendered.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Verifies insurance information with patients for scheduled appointments and contacts payer to verify eligibility and authorization requirements.
- Adds or updates financial status classifications in appropriate systems.
- Contacts caregivers and patients for HMO payers to obtain authorizations and referrals.
- Generates and links referrals to appropriate visit once authorization is obtained.
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding insurance coverage of services and processing of claims.
- Follows appropriate procedures to link alternative insurance plan payers to the appropriate programs during registration.
- Identifies non-contracted HMO payers and refers to proper managing department.
- Serves as a lead Insurance Verification Representative and assists in training new staff.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience required
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: