Immediate need for a talented Senior Database Administrator with experience in the Airline Industry.
This is a 12+ Months Contract opportunity with long-term potential and is located in Eagan, MN. Please review the job description below.
Job ID: 22-43416
Key Requirements and Technology Experience:
- Provides database support for business applications and schedules back up jobs for user databases.
- Provides access control (password resets /account creation/deletion) and checks IP compliance (violation report review, compliance updates and compliance set Client).
- Performs data purging and data replication activities.
- Researches on connectivity issues and recurring errors in Application database.
- Responds to database alerts and takes appropriate actions.
- Provides escalation Level 1 and 2 Technical 24x7 support.
- Performs database creations.
- Performs performance tuning and troubleshooting for database.
- Performs application database maintenance and provides technical assistance to users.
- Manages database account access and database object changes.
- Ensures that monitoring and alerts are properly in place to meet monitoring requirements.
- Performs application database and OS scripting.
- Reviews Information Protection compliance reports and notifications for individual databases and internal processes (including compliance updates and compliance set Client).
- Performs data purging and data replication activities
- Performs database recovery from logs, hot & cold backups, Export/Imports and Disaster Recovery.
- Performs database creation decommissioning and database updates/migrations to a higher/lower version or cross platform migrations. Also involved in database, schema, and object refresh activities.
- Monitors and reports existing database Instance, Database, Server activities for CPU, Memory, and Cach, logs performance, and recommends effective resource utilization/emergency recovery procedures
- Provides Escalation Level 2 Technical 24x7 support.
- Performs Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery activities during Business Continuity Plan events.
- Plans, schedules, and implements operating system software installs and patches (including 3rd party tools) using change management and release management processes.
- Implements database security and auditing features and periodic reviews. Conducts root cause analysis for repeated incidents.
- Performs heterogeneous database interface deployment and support for various data interfaces with applications, Middleware interface and functionality deployment with database architecture.
- Plans and develops processes for database updates and migrations to a higher/lower version or cross platform migrations. Also, involved in database, schema and object refresh activities.
- Develops capacity planning processes that include monitoring of existing database Instance, Database, Server activities for CPU, Memory, Cache, Logs performance and recommends effective utilization of resources and emergency recovery procedures.
- Conducts team training and responsible for resource management.
- Provides escalation Level 2 and 3 Technical 24x7 support.
- Provides Business Continuity Planning/Disaster Recovery support.
- Researches new technologies to address operations reliability and compliance.
- Implement's and performs configuration management of database cluster and replications.
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience performing in-place upgrades of on-premise Oracle databases to 19c
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience setting up Oracle Physical DataGuard replication across geographically distributed sites
- Familiarity with Oracle AUTOUPGRADE PERL tool for upgrading from 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 databases to 19c
- Working knowledge of conversion from non-container to container databases
- Experience with using DataGuard Broker to perform database role transitions where 3 or more physical databases are in the configuration.
Our client is a leading Airlines Industry and we are currently interviewing to fill this and other similar contract positions. If you are interested in this position, please apply at Teamatlanta@pyramidci.com
- click to apply for immediate consideration.
Pyramid Consulting, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
This job has expired.