What you'll do:
- Drive business decisions using data, working closely with finance, sales, operations, and product teams (as well as analytics specialists in those areas)
- Teach teams how to access, use, and make decisions based on data
- Help define success metrics
- Mine data for insights
- Help business teams (up to the senior executive level) prioritize work based on insights
- Propose experiments using insights
- Communicate complex ideas about our business through visual aids like dashboards
- Communicate high-level goals to stakeholders
What we're looking for:
- Determination, focus, attention to detail, and motivation to succeed
- The ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and succinctly
- Experience with programming languages like R and/or Python
- Experience with dashboarding tools like Tableau, Looker, or PowerBI
- Experience with Elasticsearch and Kibana helpful
- Experience with SQL tools like Redshift, Athena, or Aurora
- Experience with notebook tools like Jupyter or Databricks
- Keen statistical sensibilities
- The ability to explain why this is funny: https://xkcd.com/1132/ (or not)
- Can see all sides of an argument and use data to settle the differences
- Experience with business analytics and understanding of how they relate (e.g. product metrics -> sales metrics -> finance metrics)
- 5+ years in industry
- Masters+ in CS, Stats, Psychology, Economics, or some other field where you worked with lots of data
- Proven track record of driving business outcomes through data
We're a small, scrappy data science team that is trying to change the culture at LexisNexis to be more data driven. We've already proved the value of data and AB testing, now we need to go to the next level - getting teams to make data central to their decision-making process. We need someone who understands business, product, user experience, HR, and engineering metrics, as well as serious data analytics chops. We're looking for someone with a proven track record of delivering insights and using those insights to change the business in some meaningful way. We are looking for diverse candidates that can bring different perspectives to this role. This role is really about setting the direction of data-driven decision making at LexisNexis for years to come. Join us and we can really have a huge impact on how LN does business.
The leader of the Product Analytics team, James Rubinstein, has been a product manager, a statistician, and a data scientist at companies like eBay, Apple, and Pinterest. He's seen the value that data-driven decision making can have at an organization. He took the role at LexisNexis for the opportunity to change the culture of a company as big as LN, as well as "expanding the rule of law" (LexisNexis' mission). So far, he's been fairly successful, creating an AB testing platform and getting teams throughout LN to engage in AB testing. However, there's still a lot of ground left to cover. He's looking for growth-minded data professionals that can grow in their careers as they grow the impact of data for teams throughout LexisNexis.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.