*Does HM wish to be contacted by suppliers directly? If yes, what is the preferred method of contact and contact information?*
*What form of resume shortlisting does manager prefer? (i.e.., receive all resumes or CLS shortlists top 7-10 qualified candidates): *
* CLS shortlists top 2-3 qualified candidates
*Is there a Pre-Identified Candidate for this role?*
* In this role, they will be a critical member of the team building the foundation for Client's next generation web platform.
* They will support and extend running applications & assist in the design and development of new applications.
* They will be expected to evaluate and refactor in a rapid manner for every part of our infrastructure.
* Overall knowledge of designing an application to run on a scalable platform is expected.
* You will be working in an agile environment which means test-driven development and pair programming.
* We are evolving towards a dev/ops model, with our development teams engaged in monitoring, optimizing and supporting our production environments.
* We have many projects running in parallel including Cloud technologies, Infrastructure automation, and SOA REST based web applications.
*Position Summary/Job Description:*
*Responsibilities/Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for:*
* Developing Groovy/Spring web applications
* Aggressive refactoring
* Object Oriented Programming and Service Oriented Architecture design along with REST
* Help build large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures
* Able to participate in the planning process: take high level design discussions and create user stories, then further break those stories into tasks.
*What are the top five skills and number of years of experience required to perform this job?*
*Must Have Skills:*
* Strong Spring/Java/Groovy applications and unit-testing skills (Spock in particular)
* Experience in developing/consuming REST/HTTP based Services
* Experience with paired programming and iterative development
* Strong social and communication skills
* Takes initiative, self-starter. Able to identify work that needs to be done on their own.
*What are some preferred/nice to have skills the manager is looking for?*
* Team oriented focus
* Production support
* Object-oriented programming and experience with working knowledge of common Design Patterns
*Nice to have skills:*
* Experience as a Technical Lead on a large application development project
* Experience working in a Continuous Integration environment
* Experience with functional testing frameworks
* Experience with Akka or kafka-streams.
* Test-Driven Development
* Experience with a Message Queuing technology (e.g., Rabbit/IBM/JMS/AMPQ)
* High comfort level with Unix/Linux command line
* Preferred at least 5+ years of experience.
* Experience writing applications interacting with Kafka
Posted about 5 hours ago
Posted about 5 hours ago
Posted about 1 hour ago