As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
The Beaker Application Coordinator reports directly to an Application Manager within Mass General Brigham Digital team; s/he is part of a team dedicated to configuring, building, testing, and supporting the Epic Beaker application.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides certified Epic Beaker build expertise and experience for successful product implementation
- Provides Epic design expertise to analyze organization's current business practices and translate them into configurations and workflows
- Provides certified Epic Beaker design expertise to analyze organization's current business practices and translate them into configurations and workflows
- Supports departmental/ functional team with application and information system knowledge
- Recognizes, communicates, and escalates concerns relevant to critical path and/or timeline in a timely manner.
- Develops subject matter expertise and maintains models and documentation of business and system requirements and configures system accordingly
- Analyzes business processes to ensure proper system configuration
- Creates and maintain regular status reports
- Creates and maintains all required system design and build documents
- Attends weekly (at minimum), team meetings to discuss team and project related activities, issues, change, communications, and updates
- Contributes to preparation of testing scripts and materials and performs unit, system, and integrated testing tasks
- Post live implementation activities and production support
- Participates in on-call rotation
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree required
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing business and technical needs required
- Minimum of 6 years hands-on Pathology LIS or Epic Beaker AP experience required. Direct experience within the Partners eCare program may be substituted for years of experience requirements.
- Experience developing and integrating laboratory business processes and best practices in a Pathology/LIS environment required.
- Previous experience as a Lead Beaker Analyst preferred.
- In depth knowledge of pathology workflows/terminology (work experience in a pathology setting or supporting a pathology system) required
- Demonstrated communication skills with the ability to effectively lead meetings with diverse attendees required
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to quickly learn new content and concepts required
- Previous Epic implementation experience required
- Active Epic Beaker AP Certification strongly preferred (or must obtain Epic Certification)
Skills for Success
- Superior problem-solving skills with a high value in data integrity and analytic accuracy
- Ability to conduct detailed analysis as well as distill relevant findings for presentation to a high-level audience
- Possess keen attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple project requests simultaneously
- Approach to work that balances big picture with an appropriate level of analytical detail to create impactful deliverables
- Demonstrated analytic, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated process improvement acumen
- Strong PC skills / Microsoft applications, including Excel
- Respect the talent and unique contribution of every individual, culture and ethnic group and treat all people in a fair and equitable manner
- A natural curiosity and energetic, creative, and collaborative approach to working and problem solving
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills. Ability to get work done through others, even if there is no direct reporting relationship
- Proven ability to interact with others in a positive and responsive manner to build consensus through negotiation and diplomacy
- Ability to successfully collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds, and levels within and external to the organization
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
Self-Managing and Self-Aware
- High emotional intelligence and a well-managed ego
- Is honest, authentic, and straightforward when working with others
- Solid team player but also an independent thinker
- Ability to handle stressful situations in calm and professional manner
- Exercise self-awareness; monitor impact on others; is receptive to and seek out feedback; use self-discipline to adjust to feedback.
- Take-charge ability and excellent judgment in determining and leveraging resources.
- High degree of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality
- A balance of patience and perseverance necessary to affect change in a large and complex organization
Commitment to Quality
- Accountable for delivering high quality work. Act with a clear sense of ownership
- Commitment to high quality service and attention to detail
- Strong proactive customer service skills
- No direct reports; may indirectly provide leadership and guidance to less seasoned and new staff
- No direct budgetary responsibility
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by effectively using Mass General Brigham resources
- A hybrid remote work model, with the possibility of minimal on-site days; professional office setting located in Assembly Row, Somerville, MA.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.