At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the rightsystem set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
PayPal's Global Fraud Risk organization is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead teams to build the next generation Fraud detection solution. We are looking for someone who is motivated, versatile, and hands-on as you are responsible for developing a team of skilled engineers, helping with design, implementation, and delivering state of the art highly scalable fraud detection and management systems. Business acumen, hands-on technology skills, a positive work ethic, and a collaborative mindset are the key to your success in this role. You will be working with various cross-functional groups (business, product, analytics, and engineering) and will require admirable articulation, negotiation and influencing skills. Experience or awareness of the payments industry is a big plus.
Job Description:Job Requirements:
- A customer champion that can work with engineers, product managers and analysts to enable their business needs.
- Working with product managers using agile methodologies to deliver high-quality solutions on time.
- Collaborating with peers both within their team and across the organization.
- Ensure quality and timely delivery of initiatives.
- Build, manage, mentor, and coach a team of highly skilled backend, andfull-stackEngineers
- BS/MS in Computer Science with 10+ years of software development and engineering experience of which 3+ years hands-on experience managing and growing engineering teams.
- Experience building and managing highly effective engineering teams, conducting performance reviews, making compensation decisions and recruiting talent.
- Solid knowledge of algorithms and design patterns;
- Strong Agile skills and proven track record for product delivery.
- Experience in building enterprise application & platforms for E-commerce biz (micro services architecture, Java fundamentals & spring boot mandatory, data management and building high throughput pipelines) - is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to grasp and convey complex product requirements or technical concepts.
At PayPal, we're committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can't do this without our most important asset-you. That's why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal's commitment to employees' health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
This job has expired.